• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Lyrics Question

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    As someone who has never successfully written any words that could be spoken or sung without horrific embarrassment, I can tell you that it requires as much practice and dedication to craft as playing an instrument or writing music.

Find a lyricist you admire, and read all the interviews you can where they are asked about the inspiration for this song or that.

Then try to do your own take on it. Fail, repeat. Get better.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Just write whatever you feel at the moment. If you feel like "today sucked", write it down. You'll be able to say "today sucked" in a more poetic and interesting way the more you express yourself.

Also, read as much as you can. Not even just lyrics, but stories, books, myths - all of that helps for inspiration.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Just write whatever you feel at the moment. If you feel like "today sucked", write it down. You'll be able to say "today sucked" in a more poetic and interesting way the more you express yourself.

Also, read as much as you can. Not even just lyrics, but stories, books, myths - all of that helps for inspiration.
    I think it's important to write about something you are truly passionate about.

Reactions: Daniel Sobota

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I think it's important to write about something you are truly passionate about.

I don't think it's necessarily passion you need to write about something. I think it is enough if you care about something and it makes you think. Of course, great things may come from passion.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    I don't think it's necessarily passion you need to write about something. I think it is enough if you care about something and it makes you think. Of course, great things may come from passion.
    Maybe it's whaver you are interested in, or something that appeals to you. I mean, Chad Koreger is pretty obvious about what he is passionate about.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    I mean, Chad Koreger is pretty obvious about what he is passionate about.
    harold-shits-himself-57f06cc68e474.jpeg