• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Music recommendations

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    Hi folks!! first of all how are you doing? i hope you’re feeling good even trough this bad situation. then i have a question....can you recommend me some blues or jazz guitarists? 🤔🤔 wanted to elaborate on new genres and artists

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    yes yes and yes! SRV is my favorite blues man right now. love his style, his guitar playing and his genius.
    Such a shame that he passed away... would have loved to see him play live! And I agree! He was just amazing and its such a delight to hear him :eek:

Also, I will never get enough of the video where he breaks a strong in the middle of a solo and then he manages to finish the song anyways and swipes the guitar effortlessly... so awesome

Reactions: beatrix
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    Such a shame that he passed away... would have loved to see him play live! And I agree! He was just amazing and its such a delight to hear him :eek:

Also, I will never get enough of the video where he breaks a strong in the middle of a solo and then he manages to finish the song anyways and swipes the guitar effortlessly... so awesome
    hahaha that video! incredible musician. a truly inspiration. he’s the reason i started loving (and slowly playing) the blues so much. Stevie is one of the biggest gods ever.

Reactions: Rad Synner

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    hahaha that video! incredible musician. a truly inspiration. he’s the reason i started loving (and slowly playing) the blues so much. Stevie is one of the biggest gods ever.
    Yeah actually me too (alongside @Brian Haner Sr. hehe). He has such a unique approach to the guitar and music. and yeah he is one of our guitar gods!!Though I will say that I am still at the very early stages of blues and barely scratching the surface. SRV was a must and I just really love his style!

I'll keep an eye on here and see what other recommendations I could get!

Gabriel Perez

• Nov 11, 2019
    Salt Lake City, UT
    open.spotify.com
    I know a few jazz guitarists that are really good
    Syn brings up Django Reinhardt and for good reason
    Wes Montgomery
    Marbin Lead Guitarist (Songs like Redline, Juke Joint, Pirate Punch, Israeli Jazz)
    Yello a friend of mine and currently only has one single out but a great guitarist
    Vinai Trinateepakdee (Vinai T) really good covers on YouTube and very nice smooth covers
    Thomas Blug (For blues)
    Pat Martino
    Mateus Asato is just a great guitarist everyone should listen to
    Carlos Santana is a classic rock guitarist but lord almighty his melodies are godlike
    Eric Gales is the MAN
    Christone Kingfish Ingram is also kickass

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Can't remember any names right now, but I think Eric Clapton is also Blues. Possibly if you look up guitarist from that Era you'll find someone you like. I can only think of John Mayer, when I think about recent. I don't search for too much of these styles.
    Tommy Emmanuel is Blues? Sometimes I think Blues is fast Rock n Roll and Jazz is like Metal ish (without thick chords)
    a bit hard to label things B.B. King is Blues

• Love
    Reactions: beatrix
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    I know a few jazz guitarists that are really good
    Syn brings up Django Reinhardt and for good reason
    Wes Montgomery
    Marbin Lead Guitarist (Songs like Redline, Juke Joint, Pirate Punch, Israeli Jazz)
    Yello a friend of mine and currently only has one single out but a great guitarist
    Vinai Trinateepakdee (Vinai T) really good covers on YouTube and very nice smooth covers
    Thomas Blug (For blues)
    Pat Martino
    Mateus Asato is just a great guitarist everyone should listen to
    Carlos Santana is a classic rock guitarist but lord almighty his melodies are godlike
    Eric Gales is the MAN
    Christone Kingfish Ingram is also kickass
    Wes Montgomery is my man! lol i love his music a lot, when i study, there’s always him in the backdround