• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New painting I made!!

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    So I just recently finished this painting of syn at art school and thought you guys would want to see it! It took me 9 hours because I’m the biggest perfectionist 😂
    By the way I have no idea why the picture is not facing up properly I tried to fix but not sure how.
    4B2C81B5-242D-43B5-B94C-D656816CF89B.jpeg

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    So I just recently finished this painting of syn at art school and thought you guys would want to see it! It took me 9 hours because I’m the biggest perfectionist 😂
    View attachment 622
    By the way I have no idea why the picture is not facing up properly I tried to fix but not sure how.

That's aweseome Kat.

@Syn Gates needs to get eyes on this

• Love
    Reactions: Kat the metalhead

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    @Dominik Graeber @carlosmqr So what I did is I grabbed a photo of syn and edited it in photoshop to make it look like pop art. then I did the grid method, which is putting a grid on the photo and on my canvas and I transferred the photo to the canvas by drawing it square by square. Thought I should explain the grid method just in case anyone didn’t know. I don’t use this method for regular portraits, I only use it for pop art since there’s so much detail and if you mess up one little feature in this style it could throw off the whole face unlike a regular portrait. After that I just started painting. I did the background first and then I worked from dark to light.

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    The grid method gave me vietnam flashbacks to art in high school. god did that piss me off
    It’s funny I took art in highschool all 4 years but got nothing from it cuz the art teacher was so rude! She’d throw tantrum’s in class, say super racists stuff about the students and even told me my art is so bad and that I’d be living on the streets after high school, which I am not 😂 She also used one of my pieces as a bad example for one of our assignments and everyone in the class knew it was mine and the whole class yelled at her. I actually have no art from that class cuz she controlled us. You had to do it her way or no way and if it wasn’t perfect or the way she wanted she’d draw on your stuff in pen throw it out and make you restart

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    View attachment 622
    Awesome!!!

• Love
    Reactions: Kat the metalhead