• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Papa Gates said you can learn this in 30 days. I decided to test it out

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
So I was watching lesson 42 about learning the fretboard and Papa Gates said that you can learn the whole fretboard if you practise for only 5 minutes a day for 3-4 weeks. I decided to test this out to see if I will actually be able to learn the whole fretboard by practising only 5 minutes a day for 30 days.
I tried to make the video as short as possible but that’s kinda hard when you have 2.5h of footage. You can skip around the video if you don’t want to watch the whole thing to see the progress. Basically what I did was Learn 2 notes and practise for 5 minutes and when I was comfortable to move on I added 2 more notes. I only practised for 5 minutes a day, no more no less. Also I have to say that I knew the E and A string really well before I started doing this and the D & G I did know but I first had to locate the note on either E or A string to know what note is on the D or G string but I couldn’t find the note from the top of my head.

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
So in conclusion like I already said (and Jak also said this on some topic before) that you learn more from repetition rather than the time invested into practising. I spent a total of 2.5h on this in 30 days. I could easily do that in one day but I would forget everything by the next day and the same amount of time would be invested into this. So I guess this proves that you do actually progress every single day and if you just keep practising you will eventually learn it but you gotta keep doing it over and over again. So this is a video for anyone who feels like they can’t learn or progress because you CAN you just need to keep doing it ..