• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

[Project] Let's make a song together!

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
@Ids Before I had a sound card I pluged my guitar into a microphone jack and then I opened bias and I recorded the sound with a “sound recorder” that comes with windows. Quality is ok but it’s no where near the quality you get from a sound card. So I guess you could get away with it but the best option is the sound card.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
So now I need some advice on which interface to get. I’m thinking either this one https://m.thomann.de/nl/focusrite_scarlett_2i2_2nd_gen.htm?o=11&search=1539613979 or this one https://m.thomann.de/nl/focusrite_scarlett_solo_2nd_gen.htm any opinions?

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Both are great, 2i2 obviously has an extra input and probably some adjustements but both will work just fine. If you want to record 2 guitars at the same time for example with a friend then get 2i2 but if not solo will do you just fine. Go on youtube, there are probably some comparisons between the two. But make sure you have Windows and not Mac, if I’m not mistaking you have Mac right? Mac can’t have an USB interface, it needs a fireware interface. Google this :usb vs fireware interfaces” to understand whats it all about. I would post you links but I can’t right now.

Romain Tassan

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Lille, France
www.instagram.com
Alright Dustin.
Please keep in mind that when the time comes, I will need your video with JUST your solo, and WITHOUT the backing track playing in the background. It’ll be much easier for me when I’ll mix all videos. If you’re using an interface it will be easy to only put your solo track on your video, but if you’re using a Zoom for instance, please make sure the only thing that it’s recording is your guitar playing, and not the backing track. Use headphones to hear the backing track while you’re playing. But I will remind you that later, no worries