• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Question about sweeping.

Brandon Jones

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
On the E string do you always start off with a downstroke or is it a upstroke with a hammer on? Dm sweeping would you downstroke on 17 then hammer on to 13? Or is it upstroke on 17 and hammer on to 13? I was taught you down stroke but seeing these videos I’m a tad bit confused.

Brandon Jones

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
So you think Upstroke on E 17 then hammer on is better? Okay! That’s how I’ve seen Syn doing so, I just didn’t know if the way I was doing so was right. I’ve been sweeping this way for 2 years and in case it is a bad habit I can go ahead and break it.

Richard O'connor

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Birmingham, England.
If you look at the sweeping lessons it shows you above the notes which way you should be picking.
If you are starting in the high e string and making your way down you will need to start with an upstroke. All the other strings will also be an upstroke. Until you make your way back again and they will all be a down stroke. This is how you get the sweeping motion.

Synner Endless Summer Collection