• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Randy Rhoads – gone 36 years today

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    What a massive talent, and a huge influence on almost every rock guitar player to follow. No matter how big the arena tours got, Randy would find a local teacher in almost every town, believing there was no one he couldn’t learn SOMETHING from as a musician. That’s still a good lesson today, and, I think, one of the important things to keep in mind here in Syn’s world – we can all learn from each other, no matter how new or seasoned we may be.

Tory Capman

One Stringer
    Nov 11, 2019
    I can safely say that he is the guitarist that inspired me to play. I had already started lessons, and I liked it, but then I heard Crazy Train and that opening riff. And then the solo. And it was over, I fell in love with guitar and heavy metal all in one moment. Cheers to you Randy, probably up there jammin with Jimmy🤘🏽

Luke G

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    New Jersey
    I always thought Randy Rhoads was the Synyster Gates of the 80s. I wonder what he would be able to do if he were still alive today. He was such an influential person, and it is sad that those pilots fooled around. They ended up killing one of the world greatest musicians.