• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Six Magic Notes Contest

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    So just to be sure, the 6 magic notes are the notes that would be under the key you're using right? So if you were in A you'd find the A on the low E string and use the 6 notes beneath it? It's been a while since I thought about using the 6 magic notes so I kinda just need to refresh on it

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Don't overthink it mate! Just watch the lesson and follow what's given to you in the first example and you've got all you need right there! Then feel free to add a bit of your own BUT just remember the rules

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Don't overthink it mate! Just watch the lesson and follow what's given to you in the first example and you've got all you need right there! Then feel free to add a bit of your own BUT just remember the rules
    Thanks I just finished watching it and think I've got it! I'll start working on it tonight! I hope it's okay that I don't have any recording equipment so the solo will be recorded off of my phone

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Hey Calvin you need to post the submission in the other thread. Can't link it right now but you find it in the banner on top of the page under "submit your solo"!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Izhan Adam

New Student
    Sep 6, 2021
    Are late entries acceptable?Because i just found out about this website today and i am excited to participate.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hey, so hypothetically, for the contest, if you do a tapping phrase say on the third string of 0-5-7, because it’s still a note in the pentatonic scale, would that be okay?
    I'd have to say no as we specifically stated in the rules that it must stay within the pattern showed by PG in the lesson!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Looks like a huge turn out for the submissions. My only critique is that one were posted in the riff section so it's hard to give feedback. If anyone wants feedback I HIGHLY advice posting there. I wanted to watch and commenting as many as possible but obviously that's hard with 48483838 replies that's come from it.

And @Willard D. Veator I think you should post your video anyways.. even of it's not counted I'd like to hear and see what you had in mind.