• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Sloppy playing?

BrandonJ

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Whenever I play guitar through my computer with Bias FX or through my Spider IV my lead work sounds decent, but whenever I play through my 6505+ it just sounds really muddy and choppy. How can I fix this issue? Really not sure why I’m having this problem.

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
you probably need to adjust your amp settings. I used to get this muddy sound from my VOX and I never knew how to fix it and thought that it’s just because of the amp but then I found a site which has a bunch of presets and when i changed my settings my sound suddenly became clear. I found this pdf file with some settings for your amp, it might help you. http://www.metalrecording.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/6505-5150-Settings.pdf

Dan Shipway

Slim Shady
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Metronomes, they have taught me so much about lead playing and i’m sure that although it is mainly to do with the amp, if you practice the lead work with the 6505+ (Great choice btw) it will help you get used to the amp and how to deal with the change in sound. I started using a metronome about a week ago, after playing for 5+ years ans i cant believe i tried learning without it. But like I say with most of my posts to help people, I don’t know what stage you are at with your playing so this is just a general suggestion.
    Hope this helps dude!

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    metronome is amazing.. I went a long time without it, and altho I think I always tapped to the beat or moved to the beat without knowing it, I didn’t really know the pace I was at.. such an improvement since I started playing with one 3 years ago.

Synner Endless Summer Collection