• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Some Thoughts I'd Like To Share

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Sad to hear this - but not surprised. I can't imagine what's being said about me on IG - given my job (for the past 2 years) as a political comedian. lol.
But I NEVER bring that here. That's not what this school is about.
As you so eloquently pointed out, Jak - EVERYONE is welcome here, regardless of race, religion, politics, etc.
As far as what goes on away from here - you really can't control it. Haters gonna hate. I walked away from IG, Facebook & Twitter for these very reasons. Not an easy decision, given that I had 300k followers.
There is an old saying by someone much smarter than me: "People's opinion of me are none of my business."
This is the antithesis of social media. EVERY person's opinion of you becomes your business. That's simply unhealthy and not how humans were meant to operate.
In any online forum, (like this one), you will have people who participate more and people who participate less. Some people are outgoing and some are introverts. Favorites and cliques are unavoidable. But if we keep that in mind moving forward, we can all identify it and try to fix it as best we can.
Go out of your way to comment and help those you don't know. Engage with beginners who rarely post. Choose your words carefully, etc.
It's been a bizarre year that has people wound up, confused, scared, and angry. Social media is more volatile than I have ever seen it. I am hopeful things will get back to some shade of normal in the next few months.
Until then, take a deep breath and count to 10 out loud. When you get to 7 - punch them in the mouth. They never expect that!
(That was a joke, Be kind. Life's short)
Cheers!
pg

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    wise words! totally agree with you! cheers! sending much love!

Ben Grosskreuz

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019

Sounds like I've missed a lot of stuff during the last 6+ months as I've been MIA...

I've personally never understood why people would rip on others, especially people who are looking for tips and help....

I'm always honored and flattered if somebody (normally outside of SGS) asked how I learned to play how I do....I always immediately say "Www.syngates.com" like a robot, and many people are blown away with how awesome the site is and some Don't believe me when I say it's free!

Anyways, im not sure where I was going with that but have a nice day everyone!