• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Spotify Wrapped 2019

Cedric L

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Germany
Screenshot_20191205-161226_Gallery.jpg
Gotta say that I have been using it for only 4 months.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Only use Spotify through VPN on PC (still don't have Spotify available in Croatia...), so can't really have this list myself but I imagine it would look something like this:

Most streamed artists:
Avenged Sevenfold
Trivium
Pantera
Machine Head
Behemoth

Most streamed songs probably Fear Inoculum, Unsainted and Nero Forte.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Yeah, spotify sucks, it's a pretty good deal but yeah, doesn't leave a lot for the artist.
    Well, it's got its benefits especially for newcomers as you can get your name out there way quicker than you could before spotify. And as most artists make most money with touring and merch anyway that's not a bad thing.
    Then again spotify is a reason bands don't make much money by selling albums anymore

Reactions: Edward John

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Well, it's got its benefits especially for newcomers as you can get your name out there way quicker than you could before spotify. And as most artists make most money with touring and merch anyway that's not a bad thing.
    Then again spotify is a reason bands don't make much money by selling albums anymore
    You can get your music out there, but there is so much music out there that there is an overabundance of it. You don't have the record labels who used to be the gatekeeper for what was considered good, (which they didn't do very well at admittedly). Plus, bands essentially make no money on new music, unless you are at the very top of the pile. Spotify is great because it offers freedom of music, but it also works against those who produce, and those who don't like to tour, not everyone enjoys touring.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    You can get your music out there, but there is so much music out there that there is an overabundance of it. You don't have the record labels who used to be the gatekeeper for what was considered good, (which they didn't do very well at admittedly). Plus, bands essentially make no money on new music, unless you are at the very top of the pile. Spotify is great because it offers freedom of music, but it also works against those who produce, and those who don't like to tour, not everyone enjoys touring.
    The thing is that record companies own the rights to the song. This means that if you have a contract with a record company they have a say in whether or not your music is available on streaming services. Secondly, if your music isn't ok the streaming services people will find a way to illegally download it(not me). Illegally downloaded stuff gives no money and Spotify gives you $0.006 per stream So IMHO Spotify is better. In the end the quality control is the radio, a bad song will never ever be played on the radio

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    The thing is that record companies own the rights to the song. This means that if you have a contract with a record company they have a say in whether or not your music is available on streaming services. Secondly, if your music isn't ok the streaming services people will find a way to illegally download it(not me). Illegally downloaded stuff gives no money and Spotify gives you $0.006 per stream So IMHO Spotify is better. In the end the quality control is the radio, a bad song will never ever be played on the radio
    $0.006 is essentially nothing, so Spotify shouldn't even bother, because the amount they give artists is so pathetic that there isn't even a point. YouTube probably gives out more than that, and that's saying something. The best thing to do when someone tries to make you sign a major contract is to tell them to go screw themselves, because that is what they will do to you. A lot of the bands who signed those contracts had no idea what they were signing. If we where to ask Syn if streaming on Spotify helps him, he would likely say no.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    A bad song will never get played on the radio … really … so I guess you enjoy Migos then? Or Taylor Swift?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Not sure about that one 😂
    Let's just keep it at rating music is subjective.
    Writing a song that everyone likes is generally a lot harder than writing a song only people who like a specific genre is. So, basically what I said there's is true. Whether you like the popular music is no argument there, if it would be a bad song it wouldn't be a popular song

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Writing a song that everyone likes is generally a lot harder than writing a song only people who like a specific genre is. So, basically what I said there's is true. Whether you like the popular music is no argument there, if it would be a bad song it wouldn't be a popular song
    Anyone can write a pop song, literally anyone. Let me give you a rundown, synthetic instruments which have so many effects over them you can't tell what in the hell it is that's being played, lyrics that make no logical or grammatical sense, keep it short, no guitar, create a video at a house party, have a rap part if you can. There you go, boom, on the radio. So, cash me out girl, guess you are a fan?

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Well if you want to go this way. You can't rate music in good or bad and if we see the radio as a mirror of society in what most people like or don't like atm then I am really glad I listen to bad music :D