• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Starting a band

Alec Lewis

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 11, 2019
    This is a question that i don’t really know how to phrase, but I was wondering how you would get people in a band if you didn’t have a full group of people that you knew could play instruments. I am by no means anywhere close to being to play in a band but I do have a friend who is great at the drums, but i do not know anyone who plays bass or a vocalist. Would it be a better idea for someone in my position to try and really met someone who can play, or another thought that came to mind was looking online for people. I guess I just always thought a band should have like a really personal bond of friendship or something you know ha ha.

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    I’m in the same boat as you. Still learning how to play, but I’m trying to put a band together. I have a friend that shares the same aspirations and musical ideas with me, but the thing is that he’s living in Canada and I’m living in Europe haha. But we’ll make it work out somehow, because as you said, a band should be about friendship, and me and this guy are connected on that level.
    As for trying to find other band members, the best you can do is go to shows in your area and meet people. That’s how I plan to find other band members eventually.