• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Synner app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Synner Endless Summer Collection
T

TheRedMageGuitarist

Did the beta testers do their run? And I had to specifically look at Mike's profile to see it, and it was still vague on when it was going to launch.

In a day of cyber fraud and stuff, and considering the students asked for better transparency, I would have preferred a formal announcement. I didn't see Mike's post. We formally announce contests for memes for God's sake I figured something as big as the app finally launching would have had a little bit more recognition.

I think I am a little frustrated that the administrative team did not put an announcement out about the app release. I mean, I'm grateful that I have Android but what about the Apple people? I just wish that somebody would have put an announcement up on the main page for everybody because I didn't even know about this until this post popped up today for me. Apparently it was posted yesterday.

Audentio

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
Uh, I wouldn't read into it that much. We just ran out of time if we want to get it out this year. A lack of an announcement might mean don't use it then or don't worry about it right now until we can post more. Happy to unlist it if there is that much undue stress.

T

TheRedMageGuitarist

Uh, I wouldn't read into it that much. We just ran out of time if we want to get it out this year. A lack of an announcement might mean don't use it then or don't worry about it right now until we can post more. Happy to unlist it if there is that much undue stress.
Please see it from our side. We need transparency in this community and considering there are "in app purchases" listed on the thing, some students may be apprehensive this was fake. Cyber fraud is huge with fake money grubbing apps. I'm not asking for it to be taken down or unlisted. I'm asking for transparency. And if it's going to be something I may have to pay for I definitely will look into it as much as I need to to ensure it's legit.

Reactions: Calvin Phillips
I certainly don't want to come off rude or whatever. But I am new to the site, and I'm sorry I'm not following Mike on this page so I would not have seen that announcement. I also have Android, so I don't get an announcement but Apple does?
Like I said I don't mean to be a jerk at all, I just wish there would have been a proper announcement about it. I'm not telling anybody to do anything, I just wish that an announcement would have been properly made so that people could have been aware of it being available.

Reactions: TheRedMageGuitarist
T

TheRedMageGuitarist

I certainly don't want to come off rude or whatever. But I am new to the site, and I'm sorry I'm not following Mike on this page so I would not have seen that announcement. I also have Android, so I don't get an announcement but Apple does?
Like I said I don't mean to be a jerk at all, I just wish there would have been a proper announcement about it. I'm not telling anybody to do anything, I just wish that an announcement would have been properly made so that people could have been aware of it being available.
I agree. Not to mention you're legally blind so it's probably a little difficult for you to navigate at the moment to see old news. Any new student to the site won't know about this unless they see this post specifically.

I'm not mad at anyone. But the moment I read this I panicked thinking some hacker fraudulently made an app to earn money off of Syn's name. Because there was no formal announcement.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Okay, hold up. The app went live in one of two app stores. The dev (Mike/Audentio) doesn't have a TON of control over that. From there, a single user searching for it happened to find it and post about it. That's just a "soft launch." It wasn't really INTENDED to be found yet, and no real announcement was made, but it's also not harmful that it was found.

It's not ideal, but it's also not something to get bent out of shape over. The formal announcement would be after the app is live in the Apple store, as well.

So, it's THERE in the Play Store, for anyone who wants to try it out, but it's a soft launch and it won't be available for everyone yet. When it is, there will be announcement.

Honestly, this is really not a big deal. Happy Tuesday. :cool:

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil
    I think Audentio was just trying to prevent disappointing a group of users, in this case those who use Apple devices. I use Android, but if I had an iPhone it would be kinda bumming to read an announcement about it, with a side note in the end saying it wasn't available for my OS yet. This app is being highly anticipated for months so I can see some people would be a little sad coming here just to have their expectations crashed in the end 😕 specially now that Synner is kinda trying to integrate with the Discord and every post here specially announcements are getting more reach 🤔

Reactions: Ed Seith
    I think people just are saying that we wish there would have been just some kind of announcement of any kind. Whether it's a soft announcement or whether it's a soft release or a formal release, something would have just been good to have. Because a lot of people saw this post which is inevitable somebody is going to post up about it, it would have been nice to at least know. Again, that's what the community is for is to express frustrations and things that we wish would have been told to people. Again this isn't a matter of being angry at somebody, it's just a matter of wishing that there would have been more of a formal announcement even if it wasn't the final announcement. Because a lot of people just got confused and didn't even know what was going on.

I think people just are saying that we wish there would have been just some kind of announcement of any kind. Whether it's a soft announcement or whether it's a soft release or a formal release, something would have just been good to have. Because a lot of people saw this post which is inevitable somebody is going to post up about it, it would have been nice to at least know. Again, that's what the community is for is to express frustrations and things that we wish would have been told to people. Again this isn't a matter of being angry at somebody, it's just a matter of wishing that there would have been more of a formal announcement even if it wasn't the final announcement. Because a lot of people just got confused and didn't even know what was going on.

And I also wanted to say, I'm not a super big tech nerd, I don't really care if there's settle bugs in the app or not. I know people keep saying they're trying to avoid people being disappointed about the app, that wasn't even on my mind I just wish I would have even known about the release

T

TheRedMageGuitarist

I agree Holly.

And to Ed and Batbia, I do understand and see your points. But I've already voiced my frustrations. I'm no tech junkie, but I feel someone would get a notice that the app went live. We're the consumers here, technically. Asking for a formal announcement from the tech team to ensure there's no fraud, especially when fraud has occurred in the past, should not be considered "reading into it too much." When I hear this, All that tells me is that my concerns are being swept under the carpet and I have no right to feel this way.

But I'm done now. I have nothing else to say. Congratulations on the launch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.