• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tips fo metal/rock songs to play as beginner

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Hi all
I play electric guitar for 6 months now.
I just learned For Whom the Bell Tolls – Metallica. And I really playing that songs, because of the different guitar parts. Other songs i play is mostly an intro or same chords over and over again.
So i am looking for some nice metal/rock songs to play that are not too hard, but fun too play and challenging too. Would be nice if there are multiple nice parts in the song, so not just an intro
Some songs I can play: Polly, Lithium, Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana, but u probably know :p), American Idiot, When I come around (Greenday), Seven Nation Army, Zombie, Wonderwall
Also do you guys know some easy finger/solo part to play? I can play Smells Like teen spirit solo, but thats it 😛

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Otherwise by RHCP is a nice one, Dirty little girl by burn halo, the river by good Charlotte, everlong by Foo fighters. I’m not that great in judging difficulties of songs but these are the ones I could think of

Kevin Kwasneski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Crazy train is always a fun one.
Whole Lotta Rosie is a blast to play. The verse is based around a blues progression, so it’s fun to play with other people too.
Blink 182 stuff – Lots of power chords, it will really train your hand positions
Back in Black – The verse will get you using chords and hammers and pulls
Sweet Home Alabama – Will teach you how to pick through chords rather than strumming.
Happy playing 🙂

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks Bartosz. Also some nice songs. I have a lot to choose from, so thats nice! Ill checked your covers, great playing man! I want to be that good! I like your bending in Qotsa. I think the Godsmack song is nice to try for me. Ill start with that one and Everlong from FF
Thanks all for the advice for songs