• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Tony Iommi calls out wrong information about "Paranoid" tone.

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
Tony corrects a guy who thought he had the exact Sabbath, Paranoid tone, sounds nothing like Paranoid, this guy was even trying to claim that Tony used a Les Paul with the neck pick-up, so Tony corrected him. I thought it was pretty obvious that Tony used the SG with the treble pick-up, and Tony did indeed use that. Glad that Tony set the record right though.

Reactions: Daniel Sobota

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
Yeah, saw that lmfao.

I bet the guy felt like a total idiot afterwards, but hey, at least he got acknowledged by the creator of metal himself.
Seriously though, this guy thought Tony Iommi used a Les Paul! LMAO Well … I guess he did get acknowledged, I guess getting called an idiot by the creator of Metal is something. Tony confuses a lot of people with his tone because he has basically no bass on, which gives it a sort of neck pick-up tone, but still, Tony using a Les Paul? Nope.

Reactions: Daniel Sobota