• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Trivium - Catastrophist - What The Dead Men Say

Manvir B

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Kingston, England
unknown.png

Me and the boys waiting for the new Trivium album !

Catastrophist is soooo goood :

Last edited:

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Maybe wasn't in the mood when I first heard it. But I think it sounded a little generic for Trivium standards. Also, 10 song album and no special edition / cd bundles. Hoped for more.

Still excited though, the song wasn't bad and the artwork is killer. Also, can't Matt just release his new signature guitar already?

Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Agree, Dominik. While my expectations for Trivium are possibly unfairly high, this was underwhelming and generic sounding for them. Hopefully, that's just why they chose it as a leading single.

Back in the late 80s, the lead single was usually the most generic and sometimes worst song on the record, because it had to pander to non-fans, too. The rest of the record was usually more daring and sometimes completely different tonally.

I hope that's the case here, as well.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. I've only really got into Trivium in the last 6 months and really enjoyed what I had heard so far from Shogun, Sin and the Sentence, and Ascendancy. But this seems pretty generic by Trivium's standards. I enjoy the song but it doesn't feel all that special or different. I'm hoping it's like Ed said and that this is the lead single because it's a bit more generic.

Synner Endless Summer Collection