• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you working on?

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    As Alicia, I'm working on motivation 😂 recently I've not been practising enough but I hope I'll get there. When I practice I work on the Warmness on the soul solo (vibratos and slides). I'm also trying to figure out bending and when I feel motivated enough I try to learn a new song. I recently tried let it be by the beatles. And yesterday I tried with can't stop by RHCP (didn't learn it yet tho, I'll get there ahah right now it seems really difficult for me).

Firsty Lasty

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    I went through a period of focusing on alternate picking then decided that playing guitar was getting too hard on my bad shoulder so now I'm taking a break to focus on physical therapy & recovery. It's a pretty common thing for me. Recently my shoulder has overall been better than any time in the last 7 years so I'm leaning towards optimistic.

Reactions: idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    As Alicia, I'm working on motivation 😂 recently I've not been practising enough but I hope I'll get there. When I practice I work on the Warmness on the soul solo (vibratos and slides). I'm also trying to figure out bending and when I feel motivated enough I try to learn a new song. I recently tried let it be by the beatles. And yesterday I tried with can't stop by RHCP (didn't learn it yet tho, I'll get there ahah right now it seems really difficult for me).
    Ooh, vibrato, bends and slides are all good ones! They add so much feel and depth to your playing! Aah let it be should become my life song, I'm not that great at letting things be 😅

Can't stop is a nice one, very important for have the muting on point there.

• Love
    Reactions: ari.mac

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I went through a period of focusing on alternate picking then decided that playing guitar was getting too hard on my bad shoulder so now I'm taking a break to focus on physical therapy & recovery. It's a pretty common thing for me. Recently my shoulder has overall been better than any time in the last 7 years so I'm leaning towards optimistic.
    Aah, it's good to stay optimistic!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Nice! That's a cool solo tho
    Yeah it really is! Loads of interesting duals & bend work. The hardest part is trying to pinpoint exactly where on the neck certain licks happen, as the Guitar tone kinda changes throughout - so I was back & forth from the recording to a live video last night trying to match everything up

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Yeah it really is! Loads of interesting duals & bend work. The hardest part is trying to pinpoint exactly where on the neck certain licks happen, as the Guitar tone kinda changes throughout - so I was back & forth from the recording to a live video last night trying to match everything up
    Aah that's cool! I usually just look for the right notes and play it in a way that's comfortable to me when I learn a solo

Reactions: Chris Johnston

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    The Mad Hatter solo. I’ve got it down for the most part. I’m mainly just working on all the embellishments, getting each and every bend to sound as “sexy-sax” as it does in the recording haha.
    I love solos like that, where they’re not just straight for and so much of the character is truly in how it’s played and each and every embellishment.

Last edited:

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    The Mad Hatter solo. I’ve got it down for the most part. I’m mainly just working on all the embellishments, getting each and every bend to sound as sexy-sax as it does in the recording haha.
    I love solos like that, where they’re not just straight for and so much of the character is truly in how it’s played and each and every embellishment.
    Aah cool! Haven't listened to that song in a while, probably should again. I do love sexy-sax so I'm excited to hear you play it!

Reactions: Jamie London
    I've been working on my 1rst Ep on 2020. I'm happy with it. I've realy improve my guitar skills with this website and it really shows on my 3 songs.
    You can listen to them here:

And now I'm working on some nice covers. Like the one I just finished this week. METALLICA - BATTERY:
    And in 2021, I'll try to release a 2nd Ep..

Thanks to Synister Gates and Papa Gates for their very cool guitar lessons.

Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I spent the last couple days hanging ceiling storage in the garage. There are a lot of reasons I did this (Christmas stuff, etc), but the really big one FOR ME was to get all the empty guitar cases out of my closet. See, the AxeFX in my gig-rig is out for daily play. In the closet is a 1x12 homemade cabinet (with a REALLY FUCKIN NICE Celestion V30 in it) and my PRS MT-15 lunchbox head, and I have to make room for my shiny SGS-50 when I get it.

Also gonna need room for some pedals for storage, and well, I realized earlier this year that I completely failed to stock my arsenal with a PURPLE guitar. Not buying that yet - still need to re-secure gainful employment - but it's coming at some point. I'll probably have Kiesel build it for me, since I can't seem to find EXACTLY what I want in a manufactured guitar.

Playing wise... Well, I suppose I need to figure out what to do next. I'm still working on general things - hand sync, controlled speed, blues, and stuff like that, but also absorbing bits of theory here and there. Again, once on stable ground, going to reach out to Bill through Jak to get a few good lessons to help find direction and focus for my practice.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I got a similar situation, I was sitting on the floor practicing Gojira stuff. My already bad shoulder was getting worse and became painful after a half hour-hour. Got into a fight and been physical therapy too. Body feels stronger now though and that pinched nerve feeling is gone. Just got to hold onto this regime now, it's tiring sometimes, but I think it's a good path.

Reactions: idssdi and Ed Seith