• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What Do You Guys Want to Learn?!

Hector Trejo

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Houston, TX
Hey guys! I hope you’ve all been doing well! I’m sorry for my absense on here for the past few months… I was mainly focused on finishing up this semester and writing/recording some of my own stuff.
With that being said, it has been brought to my attention especially by Jak that there’s quite a few of you that feel discouraged and feel like you’re not progressing. Well I’m here to tell you while we have ALL felt that way at some point, the important thing is to overcome that mental barrier! And I want to help you out!
My plan is to record and post about 10-15 full length lesson videos over whatever you guys want this Christmas break! I already have a lesson on “8 finger tapping” and “sweep picking” on my YouTube channel. Obviously learning the basic essentials such as chords, scales, technique, etc. is important but I’m a firm believer in also learning the fun stuff simultaneously… because that’s what it’s all about! So I want you guys to comment down below what you would want to learn! I’ve already gotten requests on how to write interesting chords progressions, how to play certain songs, what solos to learn depending on skill set… and those are all great suggestions!
After those videos are uploaded, I’d love for you guys to post videos of you giving a shot at the lessons! I’ll watch them all and give them all feedback! And don’t worry about skill level, making mistakes, etc… it doesn’t matter! No one here is going to judge you… we’re all students here and constantly learning… including Syn himself! As long as you’re doing what you love, that’s all that matters!
I hope this will help refuel your interest in being more active and I truly wish you all the best! Leave your suggestions down below!!
-Hector

J

Jak Angelescu

YES!!! I’M SO HAPPY! I don’t have any suggestions because I’ll learn something from all of them!!
Buuuut when are you going to post about that ‘secret’ tip you gave me over a month ago? 😉😉😉 it was amazing!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dan Shipway

Slim Shady
  • Nov 11, 2019
    3 string sweeps, I am ok with 4 string and 5 string sweeps but it seems like the turn around point (The last note that is played before the direction changes) is too close to creating a decently sized sweep. I struggle as when I come down from the high e the last note I play before returning is an upstroke which can ruin the sweep motion