• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Where are my newbies at ?!? šŸ˜

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Depends on how new you're talking about. I'm still pretty new to guitar as I only started back in March! At times being a new guitarist can definitely seem lonely. Feeling like you're asking a question so stupidly simple that you feel it isn't worth asking! That's what I really enjoy about this forum is that you can ask a question and not have people make fun of you for not knowing! Whether it's hand positioning to whether this chord could use an augmented 9th added to it, there is someone who can help!

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    Depends on how new you're talking about. I'm still pretty new to guitar as I only started back in March! At times being a new guitarist can definitely seem lonely. Feeling like you're asking a question so stupidly simple that you feel it isn't worth asking! That's what I really enjoy about this forum is that you can ask a question and not have people make fun of you for not knowing! Whether it's hand positioning to whether this chord could use an augmented 9th added to it, there is someone who can help!
    Right!!! and sometimes syn or brian answer it...you cant beat that

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

David Deatherage

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Oklahoma here! Iā€™ve been playing (messing around with no direction just tabs) since I was 14 , 29 years old now and just really been getting back into it the last few months the right way to learn (from Papa Gates videos) and Iā€™m super excited! Finally kicking bad habits and rewatching the beginner videos over and over! Iā€™m currently trying to soak in all the chords from the beginner lessons before heading to the caged system and super impatient but I know itā€™ll be worth it. Much love to Papa and Syn for making all this possible and even better FREE!! I know it took them and currently takes them a lot of time that they probably shouldnā€™t have to do this! Thank u so much itā€™s a blessing!! Just seeing how close this community is amazing!

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    šŸ¤— Iā€™m so glad yā€™all are here ! This really is such an amazing place ! I really wanted to seek out all my beginners since I rarely see any in the forums or the riffs sections. I know I was terrified to post anything for the longest time since everyone here is so fucking awesome!!!