• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Which syn Pickups

Sven Barnitzki

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Germany
They´re some amazing pickups out there.
If you want to go passive:
Seymour Duncan Invaders
Bare Knuckle Aftermath (Favourite!)
The Schecter Syn Gates Pickups (with the SG Logo on it, pretty cool)
If you want to go active:
Seymour Duncan EMTY AHB3 (Mick Thomson Sig. – Put them in my Ibanez RGIT, pretty cool)
EMG 81 (but threre´s this “wawa”-sound – put them in my Ibanez MTM20)
This are just some examples. Check out the company-websites. They have examples, how there PUs sound like.

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I’d say it depends on the main style you play? The invaders are geared a little more toward hi-gain tones..they seem to have a little more low end compared to the new syn schecter pickup. I’d say the new one is the most versatile of the two though! They handle any style..not that you can’t play any style with the invaders. I actually have a set of invaders in a Kramer with a push/pull pot for coil splitting..and I absolutely love the tones I get with the invaders in single coil mode as weird as that sounds! I also have the Syn Custom-S with the new pickup and I love its tones also! Either option is a good choice Soo take your pick dude! Personally I prefer the new one..but you can’t go wrong with either!