• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Mariler

"my Sharona" solo (about 90% speed)

I posted a part of this solo some weeks ago. Since then I've been working on it in and out, because I wasn't feeling totally comfortable when I tried to speed up. I decided to stop practicing the solo and include some picking exercises in my practice routine to strengthen my technique a little bit before trying to speed up again. Now I'm back on track again and feeling much more confident. It's still sloppy, but I keep trying. Any constructive critics to help me improve on this are welcome
Nice! You're doing really well but like always I'm gonna point out the vibrato😅😅

Try to dig in a little more and try some different ways to do vibrato.

Reactions: Mariler
You looked very relaxed and it sounded really smooth for the most part, so good job! That is a hell of a solo! Don't know the original though. Only the fastest passages seemed a bit muddy but that might also be the audio quality or your guitar. If it however is unwanted string noise I would suggest practicing these sections a little slower again with focus on letting only the important notes ring. Try to eliminate all unwanted noise and then increase the speed again. Hope that helped :)

Reactions: Mariler
Nice! You're doing really well but like always I'm gonna point out the vibrato😅😅

Try to dig in a little more and try some different ways to do vibrato.
Vibrato, my fucking nightmareeee 🤣
The day my vibrato gets perfect, it will sure be thanks to you reminding me to practice more 😁

Reactions: idssdi
You looked very relaxed and it sounded really smooth for the most part, so good job! That is a hell of a solo! Don't know the original though. Only the fastest passages seemed a bit muddy but that might also be the audio quality or your guitar. If it however is unwanted string noise I would suggest practicing these sections a little slower again with focus on letting only the important notes ring. Try to eliminate all unwanted noise and then increase the speed again. Hope that helped :)
Thank you!! Definitely a hell of a solo, don't know why I started this torture lol...but definitely so good to learn about my playing.
Yes, the faster parts need more slow practice...Thanks for your suggestions!!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
this song is fun to play and yes, definitely the faster parts need some slower work..thank you!! 🙂

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Mariler
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media