• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
TheTroller

Syn's seventh economy etude (It sounds much cleaner in real life and my phone is a terrible medium for transmitting the sound)...

Even though I could have done much better with more practice (Although, I spent six or so frustrating hours on it today), this lick isn't easy at all. I'd go as far as to say that at full speed, it's more difficult than the entirety of the Afterlife solo, as advanced economy picking isn't easy at all. Nevertheless, I definitely think that Syn's etudes are making me better.
J
DAMN DUDE.

Not only did you take my advice without whining at me with excuses, you fucking DELIVERED your promise IN THE SAME DAY.

This was MUCH better. Now the big trick will be, being able to incorporate it into your regular solos.

BUT... this is a HUGE improvement in one day! FUCKING PROUD OF YOU

DAMN DUDE.

Not only did you take my advice without whining at me with excuses, you fucking DELIVERED your promise IN THE SAME DAY.

This was MUCH better. Now the big trick will be, being able to incorporate it into your regular solos.

BUT... this is a HUGE improvement in one day! FUCKING PROUD OF YOU
> Now the big trick will be, being able to incorporate it into your regular solos.

Absolutely. I've tabbed down a City of Evil inspired solo that I came up with too, but it's pretty difficult, so I haven't really played it yet, but it has a series of economy arpeggios similar to the chorus melody in the Wicked End, along with five string sweeps similar to the one in Papa Gates' final sweep picking lesson. I definitely think that economy picking is a crucial aspect of modern soloing and it's definitely something to implement.

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
TheTroller
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings