• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
ari.mac

Very first attempt at soloing 🤷‍♀️ Holiday by Green Day

ok so, I know I said I wanted to do power chords (and I will!!!) but the tutorial for this solo popped up on my YT feed and felt like giving this a try. This is my very first attempt at soloing, never done that before....how the f*** do you guys do this??😅😅 help me please 😂
Nice, You're doing pretty good! You seem to be doing the notes a little staccato, try to hold some of them a little longer.

As Dominik said, vibrato is really important. Vibrato basically is wiggling your finger up and down to create slight changes in pitch. You can do it up and down or as a circle whatever works for you really.
I see what you're saying, I'll try to hold the notes a little longer but my brain tells me that then I'll be "late" for the next note 😂😂 I'm going to work on this and the vibrato, thank you 🖤

Reactions: idssdi
Take it easy is all I can say.
Been playing for 3 years now and really started trying solos a few months ago. I've learned something important and it is that both hands need to be perfectly well synchronized...the fingers of the fretting hand need to feel loose and ready for some stretches, and the picking hand needs to follow closely and fluid the movement of every finger of the fretting hand, your wrist relaxed
In my case it means lots of practice, lots of exercises...😅
It's good to try easy solos like this one. You were brave to try. I'm sure you'll get there!!:rock-hand:

• Love
Reactions: idssdi and ari.mac
Take it easy is all I can say.
Been playing for 3 years now and really started trying solos a few months ago. I've learned something important and it is that both hands need to be perfectly well synchronized...the fingers of the fretting hand need to feel loose and ready for some stretches, and the picking hand needs to follow closely and fluid the movement of every finger of the fretting hand, your wrist relaxed
In my case it means lots of practice, lots of exercises...😅
It's good to try easy solos like this one. You were brave to try. I'm sure you'll get there!!:rock-hand:
🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘 thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Mariler
well done!! Soloing is very difficult imo. Its a bunch of techniques used together. Start with simple solos (smells like teen spirit, and High and Dry Radiohead, that one is easy) and just do it and do it and then some more technique stuff. What helped me was a teacher who explained things while I was doing (like vibrato, bending, pulling of, hammer on, I learned a lot from someone who was explaining what i did wrong and how i could easily change a thing

• Love
Reactions: ari.mac
well done!! Soloing is very difficult imo. Its a bunch of techniques used together. Start with simple solos (smells like teen spirit, and High and Dry Radiohead, that one is easy) and just do it and do it and then some more technique stuff. What helped me was a teacher who explained things while I was doing (like vibrato, bending, pulling of, hammer on, I learned a lot from someone who was explaining what i did wrong and how i could easily change a thing
Thank you Kim 🥰

Reactions: Kim
Your timing, feel, and ear for melody is light years ahead of the curve. Total natural. You are on your way to greatness

• Love
Reactions: ari.mac

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
ari.mac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings