• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
tamagotchigraveyard

And All Things Might End Maybe

Finally got a loop pedal and tried to add as many loops as possible :o
Is that thing cool? I wanted to get one of those and I think that one was the cheapest one the guy sells at the store here in Outworld. Is it difficult too use? I want to get something for my guitar, but I don't know what yet. Maybe I can find a used one, I like that small form, other loopers I saw were bigger in format. Was thinking a distortion pedal or a looper, I kind of prefer the distortion so I can turn it off and on at will.

Is that thing cool? I wanted to get one of those and I think that one was the cheapest one the guy sells at the store here in Outworld. Is it difficult too use? I want to get something for my guitar, but I don't know what yet. Maybe I can find a used one, I like that small form, other loopers I saw were bigger in format. Was thinking a distortion pedal or a looper, I kind of prefer the distortion so I can turn it off and on at will.

I love it personally, although I honestly rarely use it nowadays (still on the board tho!). It's fun if you're jamming with a dude and you can just lay down a little riff and loop it while you both have fun on top of the loop. Also if you just want to practice scales then you can play some chords in your desired key and noodle over it. As for ease of use, its as simple as can be (the only difficulty is of course your own timing when pressing the start/stop) Every function of the pedal is either operated by one to three pushes or holding it down.

I got this one cuz I liked the simplicity and the rc3 looked like it had too much going on (plus no light ring, which I find helpful to know when your loop ends). But if ya dont have a distortion pedal man ya need that! Either a dirt pedal or a dirty amp! My personal fav is the boss metal zone waza craft, things a versatile beastly mother fucker! Cant go wrong with a tubescreamer or rat pedal tho IMO!

• Love
Reactions: William B.
Would have been cooler to see you playing and not just the pedal. Sounds cool though!

Would you maybe be down to shoot me some tips on setting up a cheap decent recording setup? I've been interested in getting one setup recently cuz iphone video compresses the shit out of everything and kills the tone and does a weird volume shift thing, heres one of the only decent quality vids I could find (im no singer!)

Scream Misfits Cover

Reactions: Jak Angelescu
J
Would you maybe be down to shoot me some tips on setting up a cheap decent recording setup? I've been interested in getting one setup recently cuz iphone video compresses the shit out of everything and kills the tone and does a weird volume shift thing, heres one of the only decent quality vids I could find (im no singer!)

Scream Misfits Cover

I'm brain dead with that stuff. But the Captain can help you. 😏😏

@Ed Seith this is your territory. You've been called to battle😎😎

Hola! I suppose I have been summoned. Okay, so I am assuming you have a desktop or laptop computer - that's the cornerstone of any home studio setup. Next thing you would need (assuming you're using amp in the room, and not a modeler) is an interface, a microphone, and software.

For an interface, I'd look at the FocusRite Scarlett Solo

They also have a nice starter kit that includes the solo, a condenser mic and basic headphones:

If you go with the first, you still need a mic and cable. Shure's SM58 is a mic found by the dozens in every disreputable live music venue in the world. It's basic, cheap, but useful. I still have mine from back in the day.

(INSERT: I wonder if, for basic starter purposes, you could just get something like a Blue Yeti USB mic and not worry about the Solo interface at all? That would be interesting - do-able, but probably less quality overall)

Finally, you need a DAW. If you're just doing Cover stuff over the original and playing and recording, something as simple as OBS Studio (FREE!) can be a great option. If you get into multitrack recording (multiple guitar tracks, bass, drum/drum machine, vocals) then you'd want to look at something more capable like Ableton, Reaper (my choice), Cubase, etc.

How many were possible?
My looper has an infinite overdub amount, but I lose my sanity after 3.

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
tamagotchigraveyard
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media