• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
chris_is_cool

Blues Improv - Syn's Tip Challenge - Lesson 68

Well... I tried xD.

To adress rule #1 directly: A major cornerstone of Blues (sorry for the pun) is the I7 IV7 V7 chord progression. Now, Syn tells us in his tips for lesson 68, that a cool scale to chose over this progression is the mixolydian scale, which is a major scale with a flat 7. He tells us to directly adress each chord with its corresponding scale. So for my backing track, that would be E7 with E mixo, A7 with A mixo, B7 with B mixo.

Apart from the whole theory stuff, the biggest areas of work for me are still: a) technical skill and b) creative ideas. I found it pretty challenging adressing each chord with its own scale, while also trying to pay attention to the shared notes to make the transitions smooth... and then still coming up with licks that fit all the constraints and are still melodic. Well, here is the result, I tried, and I will continue to try, haha :D.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
chris_is_cool
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media