• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
W

Blinkers

I wrote this song about 6 months ago, had the chords and was practicing inside picking, that's how the first riff came to be. The second riff is the same chords but all down strokes and the bass and drums was trying to fill space.
The lyrics I wrote in about 30 minutes, made myself write, I have a hard time keeping on subject and it was a challenge to myself trying to focus. It's about a travelling musician with a motorcycle, I tried not to use the same words and not use profanity and such so I think it's neutral overall. Some words I wanted to change hearing it back, I also messed up the recording and didn't redo it, the vocals shifted towards the right. Was hesitant to share, the vocals recorded a couple months ago so I wouldn' forget
I really liked the vibe of this song. It seemed very 90's to me and I like how the melody wasn't crazy. It was just a solid cruise song. Felt very rebellious. It would be cool to hear this completed and recorded professionally. Great work.

Reactions: William B.
I agree the vibe of this had me really into this you could figure out a bridge or outro to finish it off i also think you should sing or scream all put during the chorus riff. The verse sounds great the way it is.

I really liked the vibe of this song. It seemed very 90's to me and I like how the melody wasn't crazy. It was just a solid cruise song. Felt very rebellious. It would be cool to hear this completed and recorded professionally. Great work.
Thanks, I wasn't trying to specifically go for 90's but I like that. It's great I got the vibe across, I thought it was a neat share trying to keep it simple. I'm not sure if I'd try to complete it and I'm not sure what a professional recording would do for me. I just heard/read stories that the business and competition parts can be awful. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Arsia Rose
I agree the vibe of this had me really into this you could figure out a bridge or outro to finish it off i also think you should sing or scream all put during the chorus riff. The verse sounds great the way it is.
I first had the chorus riff (the empty part) wanted to use it so I just added the verse riff with the words.
Just had the idea to have a quiet riff that opened up in sound with the chorus part. The verse riff I would change, it was all about the vibe and I didn't want it to have bad things in it but more casual things people would come across, like having a headache from the other night. Also wanted it to sound like a rap but not really rhyme if that makes sense? I was crying one time practicing singing the lyrics and it came out another way which I thought was also cool.
If I do work on this again sometime ( I probably will but don't have a date ) I'll think of those ideas, I kind of just had to get the idea off me and didn't give much thought into the structure.
Thanks!

Thanks, I wasn't trying to specifically go for 90's but I like that. It's great I got the vibe across, I thought it was a neat share trying to keep it simple. I'm not sure if I'd try to complete it and I'm not sure what a professional recording would do for me. I just heard/read stories that the business and competition parts can be awful. Thanks a lot!
By professional I don't mean get signed to a label and have producers screw you. I mean that your song sounds like something we'd hear on the radio if it were fully recorded and mixed and mastered. It's not about the horror stories of the industry it's about the fact you have a vibe and a good song here and it's got massive potential to see full completion and people liking it. But if you just wanna leave it like that, that's your prerogative.

I would just hate to see you lose a good opportunity because of some "horror stories".

By professional I don't mean get signed to a label and have producers screw you. I mean that your song sounds like something we'd hear on the radio if it were fully recorded and mixed and mastered. It's not about the horror stories of the industry it's about the fact you have a vibe and a good song here and it's got massive potential to see full completion and people liking it. But if you just wanna leave it like that, that's your prerogative.

I would just hate to see you lose a good opportunity because of some "horror stories".
Oh like that, that's cool. I like the radio, trying to fix my perspective some, it's difficult sometimes.
I'll work on it sometime and write more lyrics for other things, my arm hurts right now, started drawing too. Not sure if I could keep this vibe for all my music, I have mood swings. Thanks again!

Reactions: Arsia Rose
I first had the chorus riff (the empty part) wanted to use it so I just added the verse riff with the words.
Just had the idea to have a quiet riff that opened up in sound with the chorus part. The verse riff I would change, it was all about the vibe and I didn't want it to have bad things in it but more casual things people would come across, like having a headache from the other night. Also wanted it to sound like a rap but not really rhyme if that makes sense? I was crying one time practicing singing the lyrics and it came out another way which I thought was also cool.
If I do work on this again sometime ( I probably will but don't have a date ) I'll think of those ideas, I kind of just had to get the idea off me and didn't give much thought into the structure.
Thanks!
Always gotta get it down in the heat i agree. Even if it is just verse and chorus. If there is more that should go to it itll eventually make its way.

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
William B.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media