• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Chris Johnston

Wish You Were Here - Chris Greig & The Merchants

This is my band 'Chris Greig & The Merchants' new single 'Wish You Were Here'

It was written when we were all feeling lonely during Lockdown. Enjoy!
As always, wonderful work ! You guys definitely have the catchy chorus’ down pat and there’s something about your voice that’s nostalgic for me. Makes me feel like 16 again discovering bands on MySpace 😊

• Love
Reactions: Chris Johnston
As always, wonderful work ! You guys definitely have the catchy chorus’ down pat and there’s something about your voice that’s nostalgic for me. Makes me feel like 16 again discovering bands on MySpace 😊
Thank you so much! I can't take credit for the lead vocs unfortunately as that's Chris Greig 😂 but I'll certainly pass the compliment on!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Wow this was really impressive. This sounds like the kind of music I wish would be playing on the radio. I really enjoyed the verse right from the get go. The moment the song started I really liked it. I really think you should change though how the chorus starts when the singer says here. It's very melodic and soothing and poppy and catchy in the verse but that kind of crank up note that just jams on the word here to me is a little bit of an earsore and ruins the beautiful vibe of the verse. I think if you were to pick a more ear friendly note for the singer to sing on that word it would be a lot less jarring. Great job i hope to hear more

• Love
Reactions: Chris Johnston
Wow this was really impressive. This sounds like the kind of music I wish would be playing on the radio. I really enjoyed the verse right from the get go. The moment the song started I really liked it. I really think you should change though how the chorus starts when the singer says here. It's very melodic and soothing and poppy and catchy in the verse but that kind of crank up note that just jams on the word here to me is a little bit of an earsore and ruins the beautiful vibe of the verse. I think if you were to pick a more ear friendly note for the singer to sing on that word it would be a lot less jarring. Great job i hope to hear more
Thanks so much for the feedback! Unfortunately the tune is already released on streaming platforms, so we're unable to change the 'earsore' bit you mentioned 😂 But glad you enjoyed the rest of the tune!

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
Chris Johnston
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media