• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Iris

Crimson Day intro to chorus

Please be honest because this sounds like dog shit to me. I've been working on this for weeks and haven't progressed past 48 bpm. Getting frustrated. Am I on the right track?
My only real criticism for now: You downpick pretty much everything, with the random up pick on the highest strings every now and then. You should alternate pick everything. That means, a perfect change between down and up picking, no exceptions!!! Doesn't matter if you skip strings, if you are going up or down in the strings, it's just downpick - uppick - downpick... This needs to be your default for everything. And then of course, it is perfectly valid to pick a slow metronome tempo like this to practice it until it is perfectly clean.

That being said, great work (y)

Reactions: Iris
My only real criticism for now: You downpick pretty much everything, with the random up pick on the highest strings every now and then. You should alternate pick everything. That means, a perfect change between down and up picking, no exceptions!!! Doesn't matter if you skip strings, if you are going up or down in the strings, it's just downpick - uppick - downpick... This needs to be your default for everything. And then of course, it is perfectly valid to pick a slow metronome tempo like this to practice it until it is perfectly clean.

That being said, great work (y)
I was wondering if I should be alternate picking. I don't want to get into bad habits so that's good to know that I should be alternate picking. Thanks.

Reactions: chris_is_cool
I was wondering if I should be alternate picking. I don't want to get into bad habits so that's good to know that I should be alternate picking. Thanks.
Yeah, alternate picking as a standard is a great habit. I feel, economy picking, when done correctly (alternate picking with mini "sweeps" on string changes) is more advanced and should build on a solid alternate picking foundation.

Strict downpicking is appropriate for metal chugging on the low E string, but should not be the default for anything on multiple strings (or for single string melodies either, really just for super heavy metal riffs which will sound more awesome with downpicks only).

Reactions: Iris

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Iris
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media