• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
chris_is_cool

One month challenge final result (sweet child of mine)

Okay, pants down, here is another playthrough one month later xD. As you can see, I didn't quite get as far as I planned originally. After seeing the footage, my "guitar faces" while strumming simple open chords are hillarious. Otherwise, please excuse how my B strings sounds out of tune, I have no clue why. The tuner says it is perfectly in tune, and also well intonated at the 12th fret, so I have no idea, why (especially fretting the D on the B string) sounds so out of tune. I don't think it is an accidental microbend.

Anyway, I think my focus for the next 2 or 3 month (and it was already for the last 2 or 3 weeks) will be way more on rhythm and practicing song playthroughs and way less on super lengthy guitar solos, because I realized that I was neglecting rhythm and full songs too much.
It seems that you aren't removing your pinkie finger off of the e string during the intro lick, which is making the last four notes bleed together. That small fix will make the notes in the intro sound more pronounced

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool
It seems that you aren't removing your pinkie finger off of the e string during the intro lick, which is making the last four notes bleed together. That small fix will make the notes in the intro sound more pronounced
The way I'm doing it now is with a slide from fret 13 to 12, which has worked well for some of my tones. The way my katana is set up right now, it is super easy to get harmonics up there, so maybe lift-of and fretting again could help to avoid those. Will have to try that tomorrow, thanks for the feedback. (y)

Edit: I mean slide from 15 to 14 of course.

Last edited:

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
chris_is_cool
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media