• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
chris_is_cool

Knocking on heavens door solos... WORK IN PROGRESS

It's time I put a little update on my work in progress with this song...

The second solo is brutal, will take a lot more time until I can play it with the backing track. Also, I learned 90% of it by ear, so there are some parts where it is not completely exact yet, haha. Turns out, my auditorial memory is worse than my visual memory, so memorizing the tabs in combination with the sound is much easier than just memorizing the sound.

The high bends are still a little... yucki overall, and I feel my sustain dies in that area of the neck pretty quickly, so my pretty gainy and noisy amp channel counteracts a bit against that (but honestly, I should just try to improve the guitar setup).

Alright, enough excuses, here is the brutal and honest state of progress.^^
J
I love that you are doing these solos because they are definitely solos that have emphasis on a lot of inflexion and yet they are obtainable to do. I think you are definitely on your way! My only feedback I could give is I still see you making vibratos the same way you have been for over a year now. Even with your bends, you need to do more wrist action. I see your hand in its entirety moving when you go to do a vibrato like it's moving up-and-down, and that's hindering both your strength and control. I think it would be amazing for you to really delve into these little nuances because although I can SEE you're improving, I don't really HEAR it because you are moving your fingers faster and more comfortably, but the inflection is still behind, and that's what makes a player stand out🙂I'm so proud of seeing this!

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool
I love that you are doing these solos because they are definitely solos that have emphasis on a lot of inflexion and yet they are obtainable to do. I think you are definitely on your way! My only feedback I could give is I still see you making vibratos the same way you have been for over a year now. Even with your bends, you need to do more wrist action. I see your hand in its entirety moving when you go to do a vibrato like it's moving up-and-down, and that's hindering both your strength and control. I think it would be amazing for you to really delve into these little nuances because although I can SEE you're improving, I don't really HEAR it because you are moving your fingers faster and more comfortably, but the inflection is still behind, and that's what makes a player stand out🙂I'm so proud of seeing this!
I love that you are mentioning this! I started looking deeper into better vibrato just earlier this week after watching the Kiko Louriero livestreams about it. I'm probably gonna start doing dry vibrato exercises, just the same as with any other technique, because at this point my old way is so ingrained in my mind already, haha.

Thanks so much for the feedback, as always!

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu
J
I love that you are mentioning this! I started looking deeper into better vibrato just earlier this week after watching the Kiko Louriero livestreams about it. I'm probably gonna start doing dry vibrato exercises, just the same as with any other technique, because at this point my old way is so ingrained in my mind already, haha.

Thanks so much for the feedback, as always!
Absolutely!! I look forward to it!

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
chris_is_cool
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating