• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Matt Wildcat

Pedal Contest Entry - Improv Solo

After 50 recorded attempts, here's my entry for the contest! I wanted to give improv another go since I really enjoyed seeing what worked and what didn't in the video I did months ago, but this time I wanted to try something a bit different! I started off on Lesson 20's overview of the Pentatonic Scale, and figured since it's the best scale for solos, I'd see what I could do! From there, I used the backing track from Lesson 21's overview of the C chord family, and springboarded into Lesson 2's Melody and Motif tips! This is where I got my main focus from - I wanted to try experimenting with rhythm, phrasing and spacing, as Syn described! I tried to give some of the notes more room to breathe, and add in a few more exciting bits and see what it created! It's not the most complicated, but I'm proud of it! And of course, the most important tip I took from all of this was to have fun with it and see what I could do! That allowed me to just create something I enjoyed and learn from it too!
I freaking love it ! The only thing I dislike is it ended right as you were really getting into it ! Lol I want to see more damnit !
Thank you so much!! My only problem was not knowing where else to take it, so I kept it short and sweet, but hopefully I can keep working on it or something similar and make them a bit longer!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Thank you so much!! My only problem was not knowing where else to take it, so I kept it short and sweet, but hopefully I can keep working on it or something similar and make them a bit longer!
It was really great ! Truly ! Can’t wait to hear more !

Media information

Category
Original Songs/Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media