• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Mariler

RHCP “Californication” (with mistakes)

Some weeks ago I asked about easy but a bit challenging solos to help me improve my technique. Some students suggested some cool stuff to start working.
I made a list and Californication is the first one of a pretty long list (by suggestion of @Jesse Salmons - thanks my friend 👍)
I’ll be learning the full songs, not only the solos.
I started working on Californication a few days ago and there’s still some mistakes. The idea is posting again in a few days and check my progress.
First, agree with Calvin completely - 95% of a song is the rhythm, and learning only solos is depriving yourself of greatness.

Second. Your rhythm playing is excellent. You did a great job on this song. The tone is fantastic, and your playing is consistent and confident.

The solo, you're on a great start. I definitely feel the confidence lagging as you're moving from rhythm into lead, but that comes with time. You're bending consistently to the correct pitch, but it's not smooth yet. You're well on your way - this is a GREAT start here. Keep playing that lead, and your confidence in yourself with it will grow. You've got the pieces, you just need to get comfortable with the idea that you can play them.

Thanks for sharing! You rock!

First, agree with Calvin completely - 95% of a song is the rhythm, and learning only solos is depriving yourself of greatness.

Second. Your rhythm playing is excellent. You did a great job on this song. The tone is fantastic, and your playing is consistent and confident.

The solo, you're on a great start. I definitely feel the confidence lagging as you're moving from rhythm into lead, but that comes with time. You're bending consistently to the correct pitch, but it's not smooth yet. You're well on your way - this is a GREAT start here. Keep playing that lead, and your confidence in yourself with it will grow. You've got the pieces, you just need to get comfortable with the idea that you can play them.

Thanks for sharing! You rock!
Thank you! I really appreciate your feedback. It’s definitely a great help to hear where my playing is more weak and keep working on that.
You are right when you say my rhythm is a lot more confident than the solo, soloing is still kind of a scary thing to me 🤣. My goal is to get more comfortable and find my own feel on guitar little by little

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Mariler
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings