• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
a_Human

Sweet Alternate picking Lick

I found this pretty simple pattern a little while ago. It's really fun to play, and easy to manipulate to get lots of different colors out of it. I've been working on my picking technique a lot, and it feels so much easier to control and to maintain. I'm open to any criticisms regardless of how far I feel like I've come.
J
Nice devil horns in the end, my friend :cool: There's something that I've noticed about your playing that I finally have time to say, especially since you're so cool with being open to constructive criticism. Your hand-to-hand coordination seems off. Some of the notes seem a little choppy, or not clear with coming through fully. It seems like you sound a little "stiff", if that makes sense. Have you ever done permutations before? I think you'd benefit greatly from them! And your right hand, even though for shredding, just seems really tense. But you're kicking ass brother!

Reactions: a_Human
Nice devil horns in the end, my friend :cool: There's something that I've noticed about your playing that I finally have time to say, especially since you're so cool with being open to constructive criticism. Your hand-to-hand coordination seems off. Some of the notes seem a little choppy, or not clear with coming through fully. It seems like you sound a little "stiff", if that makes sense. Have you ever done permutations before? I think you'd benefit greatly from them! And your right hand, even though for shredding, just seems really tense. But you're kicking ass brother!
Thanks a lot for the criticism! I think you're right. I think one reason for my poor coordination is that I've always relied on my left hand for speed. I have done permutations before, but I will try to work on them more consistently to improve my coordination. As for the stiffness, I think it's a bad habit that I need to lose. Everything just feels better when you're relaxed. Thanks again!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
a_Human
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media