• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Autographed syn custom

Tim Mercer

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Atlanta, GA
So I just bought syns custom with the sustaniac personally autographed guitar. It plays amazing… the only thing is that its autographed right under where I rest my arm and I dont want to fade the autograph off but still really want to play it. Any advice?

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Once I caught a pick during a concert and it was brand new and I decided that I will use this pick for my playing cause it felt the best, but few months after playing with that pick almost everything came off, you could barely see the bands logo and I kinda regret doing that. If I was you I wouldn’t play it but have it just as a collectors item because you don’t want to make the autograph go away, but then again I understand that it’s a very good guitar and it would be a shame just looking at it collecting dust… so maybe you can put some transparent tape over the autograph so it will protect it but I’m not completely sure if that would work, I don’t want you to get your autograph ruined but that’s the only thing that comes to mind. Maybe someone else has a better idea?

G

You can always gloss over the autograph with nail polish or something of the sort if you plan on playing it. It will make it impossible to confirm the signature if you ever plan on selling it but if you plan on holding onto that to your grave its not a horrible idea.

G

Don’t blame you. If you got the money to spend I say go for it!
Thats the whole reason I’m not buying one. I don’t have the money for 2 and I would be too torn between playing it and saving the autograph lol

Synner Endless Summer Collection
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Sebastian Cavallaro

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I had a similar situation when I got my pickguard signed by Sebastian Bach (former Skid Row singer), I ended up deciding on removing it but obviously, you don’t have such an option. You could always use it as a “special guitar” for certain purposes but then again that defeats the purpose of really having it.