• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Does this happen to y’all too?

Hayden Dupree

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Texas
So the other day I wrote this awesome riff, then it turned into this awesome song. And I was so proud of this song and excited to show it to the other guys in my band. So I sit down with them and start playing it for them and I’m so excited to see if they like it and my singer is like “dude… that’s war pigs by Black Sabbath”. And I was like holy crap you’re right, I just rewrote war pigs and didn’t even realize it.
Do y’all ever write riffs/songs and don’t even realize you just totally ripped off another song you know??

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
There are a couple songs I’ve written that I had no idea was very close to another song. I also hear riffs from other bands in some of my own riffs. Sometimes the influences grow. But just cause it sounds the same, doesn’t mean it is.. I mean, look at the entire Hail to the King album. Sounds alot like other songs, but are completely different directions.
There is one song I wrote that I didn’t know sounded a lot like a crue song. Same notes, just slightly different riff. I have no intentions of changing it.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Josh Wright

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
It happens quite often, sometimes it turns out i was playing the song basically just transposed and so it doesn’t sound the exact same, I only realize this when I go to lead that song lol. It happened to me where I basically made the chord progression to warmness on the soul but in dminor.

Synner Endless Summer Collection