• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

John Mayer's silver sky guitar

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
So basically John Mayer has a new signature PRS guitar and ther is a lot of controvery about it. And I’m wondering what you guys think about it. Also here is a 40 minute video of John Mayer talking about it and playing it.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Mayer’s a fantastic musician and him wanting something very strat-like from PRS is no different than Tremonti wanting something very LP-like from PRS. I’ve tried many strats and never found one I could “get along with,” but I’d be interested in trying one of these.
    I just wish they came in the beautiful finishes PRS is known for.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    To be completely honest I’d probably go to PRS as well over Fender. Their quality of work especially with artist models is top notch. Fender’s great and all but I get the feeling based on some other artist models that PRS likes to go the extra step to make a great guitar for their artists. I fully expect it to be a very decent guitar, however awkward it may be seeing a PRStrat.