• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

LEGATO is breaking me! Help!!

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Im not into legato myself, but what i hear is string noise. My teachers always says I have to mute strings i dont use. So with my right hand (where the pick is) when i go down a string my palming part of my hand slowly touches the string above it. Like you play: Low E and then A, when i play A the muting part of my hand lays on low E, and when u go down, the muting hand follows. With my fretting hand I am supposed to also mute strings i dont use (but thats more in riff playing). Dont know if its helpfull (and understandable.. lol).
Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Christian Schulze
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I decided to rather make a video showing and explaining the issue than write it poorly XD.

Thanks in advance!
    “..but I can’t play faster yet.” “Apparently I can” 🤣

This threat may have helped me with this issue too, so thanks for posting this. I thought my problem with legato was just speed and general sloppiness. I’ll pay attention to this too next time.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    “..but I can’t play faster yet.” “Apparently I can” 🤣

This threat may have helped me with this issue too, so thanks for posting this. I thought my problem with legato was just speed and general sloppiness. I’ll pay attention to this too next time.
    Glad it helped you too!
    and yess apparently i can do that XD. The magic of video!

Reactions: Lindsey
    Synner Endless Summer Collection