• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Let's get to know each other!

Marwan Nati

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
hi all, im playing for 7 years on a gretsch, inclued a lot of a.fold stuff (something like 60 or 70 %), but i try to play others styles close or far from avenged sevenfold (malmsteem, dream theater, deep purple, scorpions, and even blackmore night …) i dont know much about english, in fact im french (yeah baguette ik 🙂 ) and sorry if i suck in this language; i’ll try my best.Btw i’m happy to be here and this wabsite from s.gates ansd papa gates is cool and pretty rare, thx dudes 🙂

Hi everyone,
My name is Tim. I live in Concord, NH. I just turned 24. I’ve been playing guitar since I was 11. A week within picking up my first guitar, I heard City of Evil and that cemented my love for music and the guitar. It’s still my favorite album of all time because it has kept me motivated to constantly be working on my craft. The guitars I play the most are my three Schecters. I play a Blackjack Avenger FR, an E1-FR, and a Hellrasier C1-FR. I also have a John Mayer custom that I enjoy playing as well. I have some pedals that I use but my main rig is an Orange Rockverb 100 with the Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal in front of it. I have a small recording set up with Cubase 8 and the Superior Drummer program for drums. I’m currently looking to play in a band as music is what I want to do with my life and am willing to give up everything do it. I’m open to all comments and criticism. If anyone is interested in collaborating, definitely shoot me a message. Follow me and I’ll follow back 🙂

Markus Nick

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey there!
Im 27 from Germany and I’ve been playing the guitar 8 years now but not constantly (thats why my skills are like intermediate).
Mostly I play on e-guitare but I also like to play songs on the acoustic guitare.
I learned all about guitare on my own, started with a 3/4 acoustic guitar (at the moment I play on a Ibanez and LAG). Thats why I think there is a lot I can learn by this school (I just can read tabs but I know nothing about chord families or systems). Also I’m sure there are a lot of technics I can learn and improve (the sweep is a pain for me!)
I used to play in metal cover bands and I wrote a couple of songs.
So, I hope I can (at least) help some beginers improving there skills and of course learn a lot by myself 🙂
Metal on.

Mikey Anglin

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
I have played in a few bands for around 20 years. I started playing drums when I was 10. I picked up guitar at around 36. I’ve been playing for about 2 years now (passed my set on to my 13 year old son). Like everyone else here, I want to get better. I appreciate any tips or criticisms you all may have. I’m not sure if i’m doing anything the “right” way. I appreciate this community very much.
On a side note, when I saw a “like” from Papa Gates, I feel like I’ve made it!

Twiggy Nameless

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hello all!
I am Twiggy, 24 years old from Sweden. I’ve written music, played guitar and been singing ever since my early teenage years. I mainly play Nu Goth Metal music, one of my biggest inspirations to my style is the german band Lord of The Lost. I am even in the beginning of a possible endorsement with the same guitar-manufacturer as themselves – Cyan Guitars.
I am looking forward to see and learn from Papa and Syn, Syn have always been one of my favorite guitar players no doubt. Aswell I’m looking forward to have new friendships and a community able to talk to other guitarplayers since I don’t know many. I will upload my first riffs when I have the equipment for recording, but I feel like I don’t want to do a lousy phone-video..!
Wish you all a great weekend!
Love from Sweden

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Róg

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Chocianów, Poland
Hello everyone! I’m Dominik, 20 years old from Poland. I play guitar since January last year. I use Epiphone SG G400 with Seymour Duncan SH4 and Merlin humbuckers. And it goes to Marshall MG15CF amp 😀
Syn is my favourite guitar player since I’ve found A7X on YT. I hope to learn lots of stuff about guitar here. And maybe make some international friendships 😉
All the best!
Dominik

Stacy Lyle

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hiya gang; I’m Stacy. 44 yrs old played most of my young life. Raises a few kids. Now I’m ready to start again always loved metal and punk. Over the last two years I have collected 10 guitars and it’s time to put them to work. Look forward to getting back in the swing of things.

Felipe Lamim

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey!! I’m 15 and I’m from Brazil. I’ve been playing guitar for about 3 years and the first reason for that was the solo of Sweet Child O’ Mine hahahaha. After I started playing, I discovered A7X and now Syn is a big influence for my playing. I also love Stevie Ray Vaughan and I listen to all kinds of music

Christopher Bischoff

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi guys and gals. I’m older than most, 54, played daily from ages 14-22ish, then life and kids seemed to take up all my free time. Got serious again about six months ago, now taking the time to “learn” instead of just trying to sound like my Maiden albums as was the case years ago. First heard A7X about three years ago and was blown away by the band as a whole, Syn in particular. Then, this site came along. HUGE THANKS TO THE HANER MEN FOR MAKING THIS A REALITY! And free to boot. I started with the beginner lessons a few nights ago, Brian Sr is a great teacher, much of his stuff is so common sense, but new to me.
Guitars: Schecter Syn of course, Schecter Damien Solo Elite, Schecter Omen 6, Epi SG, and my 1979 Ibanez Studio that I bought new.
Looking forward to meeting some like-minded friends here. Cheers all!

Hunter Caswell

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Im 17 and have been playing for 3 years now, Ive played drums for 8 years and have played in some broadway pit orchestras, In april i will be playing guitar for Annie and Bye Bye Birdie which are fantastic jaz shows! im excited to get learning more than i know and as of now i play a Reverend:)

Cody Sauser

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
Hello all,
Im 18 and have been playing around 3 years on and off now and like so many of you here syn is who originally got me into guitar and avenged is who helped me get into metal as a whole. Ive hit a plateau recently and am very much hoping that this site will help me overcome that and motivate me to play more and get better. I look forward to sharing my progress and seeing all of yours.

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am Julian I am 18 and I have been playing for 6 years. I started playing when an ex suggested I actually pick up the guitar I owned haha. The first song I learned was out of the nightmare tab book coincidentally it happened to be nightmare (my favorite song at the time). I went from there just amazed by syn’s playing I think it was him and Papa Gates on Jeff Dunham that really inspired me to play. I eventually developed a taste for things like steve vai songs and yngwie but I love all music.

Jake Malkani

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone!
My name is Jake 🙂 I’m an 18 year old student from the UK and I’ve been playing the guitar for about 8 years. I love listening to a wide range of music, but the genre that I play the most is metal. I usually use an Epiphone Explorer 1984, along with the Fender Mustang III V2 amp. I have a YouTube channel on which I cover rock and metal songs by lots of different bands (I will leave a link for anyone who is interested in watching my videos, but don’t feel pressured if you don’t want to). I’m so excited about this website, and I can’t wait to become a part of this community. Thanks! \m/ \m/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgXlUkMErzVIdXFlJnzLmpA/videos

Nina Schoe

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi there!
I’m 29, from Germany, and have been playing on and off for a number of years. I think the first time I picked up a guitar was at 16. My guitar hero at that time was a friend of my Dad’s, who was soon displaced after I discovered A7X 😉
However, I stopped playing when I moved to university at 19 and have only started again a very short time ago. My guitar is currently at my parents’ place though, cause I’m afraid to expose it to a flight across the country (silly, I know).
I’m still hoping to play every chance that I get and to learn a lot – which might be easy because it seems I have forgotten even the most basic things and will just start from scratch again… couldn’t hope for better teachers after all! Looking forward to the experience!

Seth Summit

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi, I’m Seth from Arkansas. I’ve been playing for about 9 years now. Slash and Syn were the reasons I picked up a guitar. I learned the basics and then kinda got lazy so I just played around and tried to learn by ear a bit. I can’t even count how many times I’ve replayed City of Evil from start to finish trying to imitate every note exactly. I’m a little bit better at it now than I was 9 years ago. But I joined this to renew my passion for playing and learning and hopefully pick up where I left off and fill in any gaps in my knowledge. Huge thanks to Papa Gates and Synyster Gates for making this site happen. And I hope everyone has a fun time and become amazing guitarists.

Cody Chapman

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hello Jeremy and everybody, my name is Cody and I recently turned 20 years old and have been playing guitar since I was 17.
I’ve been self taught for the most part and have taken a couple guitar classes as part of a curriculum in college but besides that I have had no formal lessons, but they have helped me greatly so that is why I have joined this class to learn myself and help others get better as well.
I am lucky to have some decent gear for my age and for not being in a band (yet) starting from an epiphone les paul all the way up to my Schecter Syn Gates custom I have about 5 electrics 1 acoustic and 1 classical acoustic, as well as a couple amps, about a half a dozen pedals and some equipment to record when I am bored to a YouTube channel I have.
I will be scrolling through the comments and I am excited to take this journey with you all. 🙂