• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Let's get to know each other!

Richard O'connor

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Birmingham, England.
I’m rich 27. Been playing guitar now for 20 years and have been in a few bands over the years. Nothing ever taking off though.
I have 2 epiphone les Paul’s and a Stratocaster. I have a blackstar club 40 and a mesa boogie triple rectifier.
Even though I’ve been playing a while I don’t really no any theory mainly playing by ear so this school is perfect for me to begin learning. Feel free to message if anyone needs help with anything.

Dustin Stevens

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Maine
    m.youtube.com
    Im dustin im 26 as of tomarrow. Ive been playing guitar for 10 years. I play several guitars including schecter c-1 special fr, schecter c-1 blood moon and a schecter sls blue burst. Until now im completely self taught. I know a very small amount of theory… Not as much as i probably should but thos site is def a motivater to do so. Thanks again brian n brian.

Sondre Nordjore

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hi everyone! I’m Sondre, I’m 36 yrs old and from Norway.
    Been on and off the guitar for 10-15 years, but tend to put it away when it feels like I’m using to many months on progressing.
    This site seems like a big motivator, and the lessons are so easy to understand that maybe this time I will rise above my peak and learn the secrets about this amazing instrument.
    Looking forward to get to know all of you good people.
    Cheers!

Brian Oravetz

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Aside from the 54 year old and two 50 year olds, I’m one of the senior citizens of this board at 47. Poppa Gates ain’t got nothing on us.
    I’ve played on and off since I was 16. I was an Army Infantryman for a few years, played some in the Army. Then a military contractor for a while, played none… Then had to come to the civilized world, and put myself through college and work full time; played almost none. Then got into the corporate world, married, played a little. Then started to hate corporate people but liked the money, so I started my own tech company. Played more than I had in a long while, because I could put an amp and guitar in my office. Then sold the company and started another one. This one got even bigger. Which meant, I put a half stack in my office, and played a bit. Then sold that company and took a job as a senior manager for one of the largest consulting companies in the world. And haven’t played much since; and I miss it dearly. I have some great tools of the trade as far as guitars and gear; but I don’t play at the level to deserve it all.
    And of the 47 years I’ve been alive, I’ve trained in the martial arts. So no matter what I do, after my daughter, then work, comes martial arts. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai kickboxing specifically. I’ve trained a few UFC guys, and still teach privately. So if anyone comes through Atlanta and wants to train, hit me up. I don’t want $$ for it. Just love to train. We can trade guitar licks.
    I found my way here because I’m old enough to have bought Kill ’em All when it was released. And Avenged is one of the few bands I put on that level. More important, father and son seem like really cool, funny, down to earth people; non-assholes. So when I accidentally found the Youtube video talking about this forum, and their approach to what they want out of it, it seemed like a great place to find motivation, and learn.
    I travel a lot globally for work. And I’ve used travel as my “reason”, read EXCUSE, for failing to learn to the level that I’d hoped. But I’ve purchased one of those single cut Traveler guitars, so I now travel with a guitar. No excuse for not practicing anymore.
    I need the discipline and motivation to finally learn, truly learn, guitar. I hope to approach the learning as I do martial arts. But I have no idea where to start! So I’d love guidance from any of you who absolutely know better than I do.
    And Poppa Gates… In my big boy, day to day life, I handle technical and biz strategy for some of the largest companies in the world. Assisting with spreading their digital and interactive footprint. If there was ever a way to get a private lesson from Poppa Gates, I’d love to trade biz chops for guitar chops. If only to get the jedi knowledge of what the fuck to practice and when!
    End of novel…