• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Retuning a floyd rose

Dustin Tenney

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
So i got my floyd rose guitar back from being tuned from the guitar store well i was a complete jerk by bending the strings out now my A string is out of tune with the floating tremelo further down…should i try to tune it and if so will the springs need readjusted?

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If the Floyd was set up properly by a store, it should be proper tension in the strings when you retune it to the tuning which it was. Keep in mind you’ll have to go down the line of strings and tune each about 10 times in consecutive order before they hold the tuning. Each time you tune it will be closer to the intended tuning. You should also reset the height of the knobs on the bridge while you’re doing this. Unlock at the nut and retune with the machines on the head and then when it’s really close, use the knobs on the bridge. Here’s a good video illustrating the process:

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dustin Tenney

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    They put new strings on it at the store when i took the back of and realized that all was needed was a screwdriver to loosen springs it went smoothly from there i think i understand what you mean by intonation cuz when it was tuned with the bridge down it didn’t sound just right

Synner Endless Summer Collection