• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Riff Challenge Game! Everybody feel free to participate

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I'll give you one too😅

The distorted riff in the intro of Unchain the night by Dokken

I've got a little problem with the song, I can learn to play it but it seems to be some sort of in between tuning?
    It doesn't sound good with the original audio.

Edit: I figured it out, it's a bit higher than a half step down

Last edited:

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Cool frigging people playing with frequencies are annoying

I decided to just play the whole intro up to the first verse. I used an interface so I couldn't switch between clean and distortion.
    Also, this must be one of the worst recordings I've ever made, I wanted to do it today because I know it's not going to happen on a Sunday.😅
    This song is simple but I'm not used to full chords anymore and I've secretly been learning Trivium - Insurrection after I saw it mentioned here.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I've got a little problem with the song, I can learn to play it but it seems to be some sort of in between tuning?
    It doesn't sound good with the original audio.

Edit: I figured it out, it's a bit higher than a half step down

Back in the old days, if they finished recording a song and the producer or someone decided or agreed it needed to be faster or slower, they would just speed up or slow down the tape. There was no way to compensate for the pitch change back then, but no one really cared, either.