• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Suggestions for my next guitar

Elijah Wormsley

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I want to upgrade sometime in the intermediate future. I currently have a Squier Vintage Modified 70’s strat. I know I want an axe either from Schecter or Ibanez. I’d like it to have humbuckers, and it I’m real lucky, a coil split function as well. I also wouldn’t mind a trem IF it doesn’t get knocked out of tune easily (like my current guitar), or is super hard to string change. In short, I’d like a good all around Schecter or Ibanez axe for under $1000. Any suggestions?

Elijah Wormsley

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I considered the Syn model ( specifically the model w/ Sustaniac ) but I think I’d like a guitar that looks a bit more low key, if you know what I mean. I love the look of the guitar, but I don’t think it’s for me. I won’t count it completely out of the running, though!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I think almosthere all guitars with sustainiac except maybe the Sunny valley FR-S are more expensive than $1000. Yeah i know what you mean that’s why Im so happy with the synyster GATES deluxe. It has the Avenger Shape which I love and it does not pinstripes and no Syn or deathbat on the fretboard so it is a lot more lowkey.

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Syns guitar has floyd rose so that already makes it a bit harder to change the strings: I have schecter damien elite 6 and i’m loving it. It’s way better than my old guitar. It has great sustain, smooth neck that I just love and it stays in tune pretty well. So you can check that guitar out. You can also check out Schecter Hellraiser Solo II or Schecter S-II Platinum. There are much more similar guitar but those just come to mind.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Elijah Wormsley

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Yeah, I’ve played one or two (PRS), but I don’t care for them, although I appreciate the quality.
I’ve played several Ibanez guitars. Ive played an Iceman, which I really liked, a Steve Vai signature, which I did not, and a Prestige something or other. You guys know how half their guitars names are a bunch of random letters and numbers. Anyway, I loved that one, but the price tag ($1500) is quite outside my range.
The only Schecter I’ve played is an ancient Diamond series model. I swear they made the neck out of one huge tree trunk, it was so thick. I’ve heard great things about the other models ( Hellraiser, Damien, Syn signature ) and would love to try them out, but my local guitar store doesn’t have any.