• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Taking a break

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    I hope everyone doesn’t mind that I posted this here but I Just thought I’d let everyone know I won’t be active on here for a few days because my dog ginger passed away yesterday morning. I’m completely heart broken and shocked, I just lost my best friend 😭 This is the first pet I’ve lost and it’s so hard. Ive been crying pretty much all yesterday and even as I’m writing this

I’ve also been feeling pretty worthless and depressed for the past few weeks so having this added on top made things much worse. I haven’t felt like picking up my guitar for almost a week, which is killing me I want to play but i just can’t. I was looking forward to working my way up to posting my first video of me playing on here, since I’m beyond scared to share my playing for people. Guess that will have to wait :(

I just thought I should say this stuff here cuz it’s like a safe place for me to say how I feel and I don’t feel scared or feel like I’m gonna get judged here and I needed to get all this off my chest so I thought I should say what I just did. It’s gonna be a rough week but I’ll be ok.

R.i.p ginger you’ll be missed very much

D0AFEE7F-CD18-4492-A476-E8D72727C933.jpeg
    37024EDD-1362-4639-95CD-6D6F9B3878AE.jpeg

J

Jak Angelescu

I hope everyone doesn’t mind that I posted this here but I Just thought I’d let everyone know I won’t be active on here for a few days because my dog ginger passed away yesterday morning. I’m completely heart broken and shocked, I just lost my best friend 😭 This is the first pet I’ve lost and it’s so hard. Ive been crying pretty much all yesterday and even as I’m writing this

I’ve also been feeling pretty worthless and depressed for the past few weeks so having this added on top made things much worse. I haven’t felt like picking up my guitar for almost a week, which is killing me I want to play but i just can’t. I was looking forward to working my way up to posting my first video of me playing on here, since I’m beyond scared to share my playing for people. Guess that will have to wait :(

I just thought I should say this stuff here cuz it’s like a safe place for me to say how I feel and I don’t feel scared or feel like I’m gonna get judged here and I needed to get all this off my chest so I thought I should say what I just did. It’s gonna be a rough week but I’ll be ok.

View attachment 589 View attachment 590

I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that you're going through right now. My cat Hercules has been with me for half of my life And he is like my little Ginger. I fear the day when I have to say good bye to him so I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are going through right now. Animals truly are our best friends. My heart breaks for you Kat. Take all the time you need to heal and focus on yourself. If it makes you feel better, you are not the only student that struggles with depression. And you are not the 1st student to post publicly about struggling with it. The community and the team of the school want you to feel comfortable with posting up the way you feel. There will never be any judgment about you. Nothing but love and support. As far as posting your video goes, that can wait. Guitar can wait. It doesn't matter who you are. There are some things in this world that we need to take a break from. You don't owe anybody an explanation for why you are not practicing. Guitar is not supposed to be an obligation. It's supposed to be something that is fun for you and something that brings you joy. My heart is with you tonight. I wish I could be there with you and listen to all the wonderful stories about Ginger! Even though I might be hundreds or thousands of miles away I'm giving you the biggest hug right now.

PS you're not worthless. Whatever or whoever it is that's making you feel that way needs to be fixed. Much love

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    I cannot even begin to imagine the pain that you're going through right now. My cat Hercules has been with me for half of my life And he is like my little Ginger. I fear the day when I have to say good bye to him so I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are going through right now. Animals truly are our best friends. My heart breaks for you Kat. Take all the time you need to heal and focus on yourself. If it makes you feel better, you are not the only student that struggles with depression. And you are not the 1st student to post publicly about struggling with it. The community and the team of the school want you to feel comfortable with posting up the way you feel. There will never be any judgment about you. Nothing but love and support. As far as posting your video goes, that can wait. Guitar can wait. It doesn't matter who you are. There are some things in this world that we need to take a break from. You don't owe anybody an explanation for why you are not practicing. Guitar is not supposed to be an obligation. It's supposed to be something that is fun for you and something that brings you joy. My heart is with you tonight. I wish I could be there with you and listen to all the wonderful stories about Ginger! Even though I might be hundreds or thousands of miles away I'm giving you the biggest hug right now.

PS you're not worthless. Whatever or whoever it is that's making you feel that way needs to be fixed. Much love
    Thank you so much, what you just said made me smile a bit thanks again

• Love
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State

View attachment 589 View attachment 590
    Hey Kat, I'm so sorry about Ginger. As someone who's grown up with furry family members and lost some over the years it's a rough part of life. Especially the first time you lose someone so near and dear to you. My "first dog" one where I actively picked him out, trained, fed, and still actively sleep with since I was 9 is getting up there in age and I know what happens and I know it will happen but I always fear that day and lie to myself that he isn't getting old. Btw he's the handsome fellow in the santa hat as my profile picture. I know how much it hurts and how much you wish there was more that could be done. How 5 more years of healthy happy time together would be. Just remember that Ginger will always be there in your memories. Make sure to look back on the great times you've had together and days where you've helped them and they've helped you through hard days. You are not worthless Kat. I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with depression at 12 and have had some really rough periods in the 5 almost 6 years since I was diagnosed where I feel worthless and that whatever I do is just pointless. But it's not pointless and you are not worthless. I've seen a lot of your comment's on this site and it's always awesome seeing how positive and excited your comments tend to be. Don't worry about feeling like you have to pick up the guitar today or even tomorrow. You will pick up the guitar when you feel like it and this is ok. I understand how you feel about being nervous about uploading a video of yourself. It's why I haven't done so yet either even after using this site for a year and after playing for a year. I know this is definitely the friendliest community I've had the honor to be a part of but I still feel nervous about putting something I've put a lot of effort and time into because I'm worried I'll just get booed off the metaphorical stage and never want to return. Gonna try and wrap this comment up before I just ramble on and on like I can tend to do. You'll be ok. It's a part of life that many with deal with and it's an understandably hard one to deal with. Look back at the good times fondly and learn what you can from worst of times because that's really all that you can do. Life will go on and you should too. Take your time to mourn because you will definitely need it. Take a break from guitar and the school if you feel like it. We'll always be here with open arms to welcome you back. If you want to talk/vent/ramble like I tend to or swap fond pet memories my dm's are always open. Get some rest and take it easy Kat.

• Love
    Reactions: Kat the metalhead

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Sorry about your loss. Take all the time you need. But I would like to give one thought with you on the way right now. You don't need to get away from everything. This forum is much more by now than strictly a plattform for guitar lessons. You can still post here, interact with us if you feel like you want to talk or let @Manvir B make you laugh with his brilliant memes. Just know we are here and this is a safe place to come to, even without a guitar in your hand.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jacques

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 29, 2019
    IL
    I am so sorry for your loss Kat :cry: This is literally one of the worst things ever. I lost my first pup some years ago and thinking back, It really helped me celebrating all our great times together.

Even though you mentioned you find it hard to pick your guitar up now, I find that simply playing puts me in a better state of mind. Certainly doesn't take things off your mind. However just picking my guitar up and playing what i know now rather than trying to learn new things always leaves me in a happier place :)

• Love
    Reactions: Kat the metalhead
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Hey Kat, I'm so sorry about Ginger. As someone who's grown up with furry family members and lost some over the years it's a rough part of life. Especially the first time you lose someone so near and dear to you. My "first dog" one where I actively picked him out, trained, fed, and still actively sleep with since I was 9 is getting up there in age and I know what happens and I know it will happen but I always fear that day and lie to myself that he isn't getting old. Btw he's the handsome fellow in the santa hat as my profile picture. I know how much it hurts and how much you wish there was more that could be done. How 5 more years of healthy happy time together would be. Just remember that Ginger will always be there in your memories. Make sure to look back on the great times you've had together and days where you've helped them and they've helped you through hard days. You are not worthless Kat. I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with depression at 12 and have had some really rough periods in the 5 almost 6 years since I was diagnosed where I feel worthless and that whatever I do is just pointless. But it's not pointless and you are not worthless. I've seen a lot of your comment's on this site and it's always awesome seeing how positive and excited your comments tend to be. Don't worry about feeling like you have to pick up the guitar today or even tomorrow. You will pick up the guitar when you feel like it and this is ok. I understand how you feel about being nervous about uploading a video of yourself. It's why I haven't done so yet either even after using this site for a year and after playing for a year. I know this is definitely the friendliest community I've had the honor to be a part of but I still feel nervous about putting something I've put a lot of effort and time into because I'm worried I'll just get booed off the metaphorical stage and never want to return. Gonna try and wrap this comment up before I just ramble on and on like I can tend to do. You'll be ok. It's a part of life that many with deal with and it's an understandably hard one to deal with. Look back at the good times fondly and learn what you can from worst of times because that's really all that you can do. Life will go on and you should too. Take your time to mourn because you will definitely need it. Take a break from guitar and the school if you feel like it. We'll always be here with open arms to welcome you back. If you want to talk/vent/ramble like I tend to or swap fond pet memories my dm's are always open. Get some rest and take it easy Kat.
    Thank you so much, what you just said made me feel really good!

Reactions: Donovan Etue

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I had a kitten a few years back that I had for a week before she passed away one morning right in front of me. She had a barn disease (I wasnt topd she was a barn cat)

By far the worst day I had in a really long time. I still have the bed I bought for her when I got her. The pain never goes away.