• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Dark Night Guitar 🌘

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    It looks amazing! Nothing to say there but I just checked the specs and its pretty much a Syn Custom with Satin finish. Maybe the finish affects the tone but you would really need to have sharpened ears to hear the difference.

Now the price. In the end, this guitar is korean made and setup at Schecter. So you would get the same thing if you go for the normal custom one. But this is not actually the selling point. What makes this guitar unique is pretty much the exclusivity and I gotta say, its a really amazing piece of equipment that would be a crown jewel in any Syn collector's collection!

Would I buy this? If I had the funds to, absolutely! I love to support Syn and well, new guitar!

But I got to give huge props to Syn for taking such advantage of his brand. What he is doing is unique! Hopefully one day I will get around and get one of those exclusivity!

Or maybe i can hope that its part of the legend's annual care package!? :unsure:
    Oh shit! I forgot that he was probably sending these as part of the annual care package!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Good one!

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Definitely a sexy guitar, but you can get your own custom made guitar in the USA for less than what this costs. It even says Syn makes no money from this, there's no mark up, which is just a crazy price for a Korean made guitar. Nothing against Schecter, Syn, these guitars, or foreign made guitars, it's just crazy. You can get a custom Aristides, Kiesel, whatever else for this much or less
    I think it meant no markup on the case. There has to be markup on the guitar. It’s basically the same as all the others, except for finish and exclusivity. I think Syn said at one point when the school first started up that he was selling guitars, pickups, etc, on here to help fund the school, which I’m sure is expensive. So I have no problem with this markup on a 100 piece exclusive run.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Im so excited but sad at the same time. That’s a hefty price tag. As I said on the insta post....I might have to start selling some feet pics 🤣

I’ve had my heart set on the Golden Godess for as long as I can remember, but this is fucking beautiful too ! Aesthetically, I love simplicity with a subtle pop.

I finally had the chance to play a Syn custom at a local shop a few weeks ago and I was blown away ! For me the neck is a big issue....because ya know, short sausage fingers and all lol
    It was more comfortable to play than anything I’ve ever held, so I’d imagine the neck is the same for all of Syn’s custom models.

I still think the Golden Godess has more pop though. I’m a sucker for pretty stuff and she is GORGEOUS!

Reactions: Kim and Ed Seith

Hector Trejo

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    Houston, TX
    As far as tech specs and hardware and such, it looks pretty similar to the Black Moon. I think it’s just a different finish. Not sure exactly what “3D satin” means? But I had to have it for the collection! I put my order in, but there was definitely some sticker shock!
    I think "3D" is referring to how you will actually be able to feel the difference in texture where the stripes are located!

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Im so excited but sad at the same time. That’s a hefty price tag. As I said on the insta post....I might have to start selling some feet pics 🤣

I’ve had my heart set on the Golden Godess for as long as I can remember, but this is fucking beautiful too ! Aesthetically, I love simplicity with a subtle pop.

I finally had the chance to play a Syn custom at a local shop a few weeks ago and I was blown away ! For me the neck is a big issue....because ya know, short sausage fingers and all lol
    It was more comfortable to play than anything I’ve ever held, so I’d imagine the neck is the same for all of Syn’s custom models.

I still think the Golden Godess has more pop though. I’m a sucker for pretty stuff and she is GORGEOUS!
    Ready to laugh at this, the dark night in Canadian pricing is $4,650.00 and the golden goddesse is $2,600 :ROFLMAO: No way I can afford that just working at a comic store :ROFLMAO:

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    OK kittens let's fucking be real...

HOW SEXY DOES THIS BEAST LOOK??!!
    What are your thoughts?
    Black Moon guitar parents, what are your thoughts on the specs compared to the Dark Night?

Let's talk!
    Ugh it looks really good but after the black moon nothing really Special. Honestly I find it a little more boring than the black moon, personally. Expected something a little more exciting or fresh 🤷
    Then again, with those "3d" Stripes gotta See it in Person. I'd volunteer to Approve it in Person too!

Reactions: Alex__vngnz