• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

To all Beginners on the School...If you need HELP reach out!

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Whaddup Folks.
As one half of the newly crowned Rockstar Students (The other one is @Alicia Willis!) I want to reach out to all beginners!
Please do not be afraid to reach out!
This site is a gift...so use it wisely! Ask questions! Use the lessons and play your hearts out.

Some of you might know that I do a little Video Series Called CJ's 2 Cents on Lessons. Until now the topics I choose were kinda Random and Some topics were suggested to me by Co-Rockstar @Alicia Willis.

Sooo here you come in! If you need some extra help reach out. If I can I would even make a 2 Cents video where I try to help you out a little bit.

ALSO......Dont wait a year to post something on the RIFF page....Dont be like me. You have nothing to be afraid of. We are Family here. And we respect each other and Try to build each other up!

Cheers and Enjoy this gift of a site!

TheGabeItch

Free Bird Player
Aug 1, 2020
Whaddup Folks.
As one half of the newly crowned Rockstar Students (The other one is @Alicia Willis!) I want to reach out to all beginners!
Please do not be afraid to reach out!
This site is a gift...so use it wisely! Ask questions! Use the lessons and play your hearts out.

Some of you might know that I do a little Video Series Called CJ's 2 Cents on Lessons. Until now the topics I choose were kinda Random and Some topics were suggested to me by Co-Rockstar @Alicia Willis.

Sooo here you come in! If you need some extra help reach out. If I can I would even make a 2 Cents video where I try to help you out a little bit.

ALSO......Dont wait a year to post something on the RIFF page....Dont be like me. You have nothing to be afraid of. We are Family here. And we respect each other and Try to build each other up!

Cheers and Enjoy this gift of a site!
How do I track my progress? I’ve watched the videos and it doesn’t change the little meter and dots...

Reactions: Christian Schulze

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
I would really need help with going from chord to chord smoothly... like in the strumming pattern in lesson 17 I find it difficult to go from D to G in time. Is it just a matter of practise and muscle memory or do you have any tips on how to get better at it? Thank you and congrats!!
Its really a matter of practice and muscle memory man. Slow it down, use a metronome, and the more you do it, the better you’ll get! When i started playing i said “fuck chords, i got power chords! I got riffs!” And it hurt me in the long run. Get your chord shapes down, and take your time with it, and you’ll be much better off than i was!

• Love
Reactions: ari.mac
Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Its really a matter of practice and muscle memory man. Slow it down, use a metronome, and the more you do it, the better you’ll get! When i started playing i said “fuck chords, i got power chords! I got riffs!” And it hurt me in the long run. Get your chord shapes down, and take your time with it, and you’ll be much better off than i was!
    thank you so much!! I'll keep practising then... and yes power chords seems much easier lol

J

Jak Angelescu

I would really need help with going from chord to chord smoothly... like in the strumming pattern in lesson 17 I find it difficult to go from D to G in time. Is it just a matter of practise and muscle memory or do you have any tips on how to get better at it? Thank you and congrats!!
    There are certain chords that have what I like to call anchor fingers that make changing a lot easier. For example, from D major to G major your anchor finger should be the ring finger that is on the B string. At least that's what it is when you play a full G major chord. Always watch for the possibility of an anchor finger. Essentially to go from D major to G major you don't have to move your ring finger at all and it should make the rest of the transition a lot more smooth.

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    There are certain chords that have what I like to call anchor fingers that make changing a lot easier. For example, from D major to G major your anchor finger should be the ring finger that is on the B string. At least that's what it is when you play a full G major chord. Always watch for the possibility of an anchor finger. Essentially to go from D major to G major you don't have to move your ring finger at all and it should make the rest of the transition a lot more smooth.
    thank you so much Jak!! I'll try that as well for sure and see if it works for me!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    so, little update. I have been practising with a metronome and now I'm trying to learn easy songs and play along with the original tracks... As soon as I get just a little bit better I might post something so you can give me some more advice (and to try and beat my fear and shyness too)!
    That is good to hear! The metronome is your best friend ( I am starting to get to know it better.....and I wish I started earlier). Whenever you feel ready post something and let me know (with so many posts its kinda hard to see ) just tag me in it and I will give you my honest feedback

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    That is good to hear! The metronome is your best friend ( I am starting to get to know it better.....and I wish I started earlier). Whenever you feel ready post something and let me know (with so many posts its kinda hard to see ) just tag me in it and I will give you my honest feedback
    Absolutely will do, thank you so much!