• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

TO ALL NEW USERS AND BEGINNERS.....we need to talk!

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Whaddup Synners?! CJ here (one half of your current Rockstar Students, the other half being @Alicia Willis)!

We need to talk....like seriously......

Today I was reminiscing about this GEM of a Site and how much I have grown thanks to it (that being the real gift). And on top of that I actually won an Award for my growth?! NO WAY…this is too good to be true.

Before I start ranting, lemme tell you a little about myself. I found this site thanks to this Youtube video:

I would like to believe you all are familiar with it.

Back in the summer of 2018 I hit a wall with my playing and it seemed like divine intervention when this video popped up. I could not (and still not) believe that this site exists…and it’s FREE?!

I watched the videos and got to the intermediate level and noticed that there were gaps in my playing. So, I took it upon myself to retake all the lessons I took up to this point and use the site the right way! I bought myself a notebook and watched every lesson and wrote as much down as I could for every lesson. Drew chords and scales, replayed the videos once or twice to see if I wrote everything down (or at least as much as I could…literally these lessons are full of KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM).

In the few cases I did not understand something of the lesson I would access the lesson discussion forum and almost immediately get a response from my beloved Synners and even @Brian Haner Sr. and @Syn Gates !

Whenever I had a question outside of the lessons I ventured into the forum and I got always immediate responses…mainly by Swiss Army Man @Ed Seith , Gypsy Jazz player Extraoirdinaire @Ids Schiere or even from our beloved Admin, The Queen Cat of this School @Jak Angelescu.

When it came time for me to post something on the Riff section..I was scared shitless. “Are they gonna laugh at me, tease me, give me destructive criticism?” I thought to myself. I partook in a Riff challenge and posted it….and the Response blew me away. Nothing but praise and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM….For the first time in my life as guitarist I felt appreciated.

After that I started engaging even more with the site. I posted more on the forums, responded to people’s questions and saw videos of my fellow peers.…because If you saw the video mentioned above…Syn says it:

“We want to see you passionate!”

Syn also mentions that he encourages us to give back to our peers, by that encouraging us to share our knowledge and insights, adding to this site and community.

Then our Admin issues the Rockstar award…and I was in complete awe….”You mean I can win more?!”

Like this site is already a gift…but I can actually be rewarded for my work?!

I asked myself what I could do to give back, and show what I learned thanks to the lesson.

So I started making my videos on the lessons. My CJ’s 2 Cents series (even learned basic Video editing to make them kind of funny and entertaining I might say?).

And seeing the comments of fellow students who learned from my videos that I only do for the site…brought me Joy.

The videos were not a means to get the Award. The end was to give back to this site and community….And I won.

Being the Rockstar Student gave me some perspective on this site.

Guitar is a lifelong hobby, if you take it up for the wrong reasons just leave it. This instrument means so much to me. It is always there for me and gives me joy, I consider it my happy place.

Being proficient on this instrument takes A LOT of hard work. Your fingers are going to hurt, your arms are gonna be sore, but at the end of the they all this work will allow you to express yourself in such a profound way that no language can compare (just listen to Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd).

Like my Father said to me many years ago: “From nothing comes nothing.”

Learning this instrument is not cheap. The guitars are expensive.. and lessons are not cheap either.

Therefore encountering a FREE site made by one of my guitar gods was such a godsent.

People this is a GIFT, cause in this world, nobody does something for free…

Because it is FREE, I want you to do a couple of things:

• Cherish it. It is a gift, so use it wisely and responsively (ASK,POST&ENGAGE!)
  • Be respectful to your fellow peers.
  • Please disable AdBlock and help keep the lights on (This being free, it’s the least you can do).
But the most important thing I want from you:

WORK HARD!

If you genuinely love this instrument, you owe it to yourself to grow on it. Have 15 min a day at least and practice. The journey is the gift. Celebrate every victory, no matter how small, because YOU did it. Nobody practiced for you, you did it all by yourself, BE PROUD!

I lied back there…the most important part is to have FUN, but you get the gist, I hope.

Anyhow. I hope you get that my little story was a way to show you how to get the most of this wonderful place.

Have a nice day and keep rocking!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this!! There is so much going on in this school that people miss out on simply because they don't engage or read. You have to put EFFORT into something. You have to use your brain, your heart, your soul. I'm 100000% behind you on this. And this is why you won that award. Much love, brother!
Thank you so much Queen Cat!

Reactions: Jaxon Muller

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    I'll forever be grateful to the people around here because being around people who do music, either as a hobby or as a living, re-ignited my passion for music. Though I juggle between classical music and guitar-oriented songs, the fact that I've found a place where I can call an online home is something that has proven to be one of the catalysts required for me to actually release my music to the world.

And yeah, you ain't born with the skills. It'd be nice if that were the case but I think it's better this way.

Keep on rockin'!

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I'll forever be grateful to the people around here because being around people who do music, either as a hobby or as a living, re-ignited my passion for music. Though I juggle between classical music and guitar-oriented songs, the fact that I've found a place where I can call an online home is something that has proven to be one of the catalysts required for me to actually release my music to the world.

And yeah, you ain't born with the skills. It'd be nice if that were the case but I think it's better this way.

Keep on rockin'!
    And this is what its all about! This is like a virtual campfire where we share our struggles, successes and joy of this!

Jaxon Muller

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Tulsa, OK
    www.imdb.com
    Whaddup Synners?! CJ here (one half of your current Rockstar Students, the other half being @Alicia Willis)!

Today I was reminiscing about this GEM of a Site and how much I have grown thanks to it (that being the real gift). And on top of that I actually won an Award for my growth?! NO WAY…this is too good to be true.

Before I start ranting, lemme tell you a little about myself. I found this site thanks to this Youtube video:

Back in the summer of 2018 I hit a wall with my playing and it seemed like divine intervention when this video popped up. I could not (and still not) believe that this site exists…and it’s FREE?!

I watched the videos and got to the intermediate level and noticed that there were gaps in my playing. So, I took it upon myself to retake all the lessons I took up to this point and use the site the right way! I bought myself a notebook and watched every lesson and wrote as much down as I could for every lesson. Drew chords and scales, replayed the videos once or twice to see if I wrote everything down (or at least as much as I could…literally these lessons are full of KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM).

In the few cases I did not understand something of the lesson I would access the lesson discussion forum and almost immediately get a response from my beloved Synners and even @Brian Haner Sr. and @Syn Gates !

Whenever I had a question outside of the lessons I ventured into the forum and I got always immediate responses…mainly by Swiss Army Man @Ed Seith , Gypsy Jazz player Extraoirdinaire @Ids Schiere or even from our beloved Admin, The Queen Cat of this School @Jak Angelescu.

When it came time for me to post something on the Riff section..I was scared shitless. “Are they gonna laugh at me, tease me, give me destructive criticism?” I thought to myself. I partook in a Riff challenge and posted it….and the Response blew me away. Nothing but praise and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM….For the first time in my life as guitarist I felt appreciated.

After that I started engaging even more with the site. I posted more on the forums, responded to people’s questions and saw videos of my fellow peers.…because If you saw the video mentioned above…Syn says it:

Syn also mentions that he encourages us to give back to our peers, by that encouraging us to share our knowledge and insights, adding to this site and community.

Then our Admin issues the Rockstar award…and I was in complete awe….”You mean I can win more?!”

I asked myself what I could do to give back, and show what I learned thanks to the lesson.

So I started making my videos on the lessons. My CJ’s 2 Cents series (even learned basic Video editing to make them kind of funny and entertaining I might say?).

And seeing the comments of fellow students who learned from my videos that I only do for the site…brought me Joy.

The videos were not a means to get the Award. The end was to give back to this site and community….And I won.

Guitar is a lifelong hobby, if you take it up for the wrong reasons just leave it. This instrument means so much to me. It is always there for me and gives me joy, I consider it my happy place.

Being proficient on this instrument takes A LOT of hard work. Your fingers are going to hurt, your arms are gonna be sore, but at the end of the they all this work will allow you to express yourself in such a profound way that no language can compare (just listen to Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd).

Learning this instrument is not cheap. The guitars are expensive.. and lessons are not cheap either.

Therefore encountering a FREE site made by one of my guitar gods was such a godsent.

• Cherish it. It is a gift, so use it wisely and responsively (ASK,POST&ENGAGE!)
    • Please disable AdBlock and help keep the lights on (This being free, it’s the least you can do).

WORK HARD!

If you genuinely love this instrument, you owe it to yourself to grow on it. Have 15 min a day at least and practice. The journey is the gift. Celebrate every victory, no matter how small, because YOU did it. Nobody practiced for you, you did it all by yourself, BE PROUD!

I lied back there…the most important part is to have FUN, but you get the gist, I hope.

Anyhow. I hope you get that my little story was a way to show you how to get the most of this wonderful place.

I completely agree, this site is an absolute privilege to get to be a part of. Everyone is so warm and welcoming, despite my own insecurities in playing, I genuinely feel confident asking questions knowing I'll get unassuming, constructive answers. I was about to give up on progressing as a player before this site, I thought being good at guitar was the result of some fairy-god mother tapping certain players with a wand and giving them the secrets of shred. I'm now recording for a feature film score, and I'm almost addicted to practicing (in the sense that i get the itch to play/touch the guitar daily). Thank you to everyone who has dedicated their time to this community, it really has changed my life.

SereneQueen

New Student
    Sep 13, 2020

WORK HARD!

I just signed up and this is the first post I saw. I was already excited but now I'm super excited. I've always wanted to learn to play but things got in the way. I'm starting from zero! I know nothing, and I felt a bit intimidated but seeing this was very comforting. I'm challenging myself to practice once a day for 90 days. Here's to day one!