• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Two New Chords – E & Am – Lesson 13

G.varbanov

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 16, 2019
Those lessons are great even if you have been playing for a while now. I have been struggling with my groove for about 5 years now, because I never saw a simple explanation of the tic tok motion. Some things may seem self explanatory and second nature, but to some of us - they are not :> So thanks for that lesson, it really helped me.

Reactions: Calvin Phillips
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I thought this was a fun lesson. I notice that if I forget and don't hold my pick as shown in Lesson 4, then my strumming sounds sloppy.
    Another big take away from this lesson: DON'T LOSE THE GROOVE!!
    Groove is important! But when it comes to Picking I really decided to Go with what feels best for the Situation. Not Sure about strumming right now But I noticed when I Play some short Blues licks I tend to hold the Pick with two Fingers and slightly different. Whatever works for you is fine :)

Reactions: CK!

Steve Larch

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Wake Forest, NC
    I kinda find it rather hard to slide my fingers down from E to Am. Any one has the same issue?

I have the same issue when I try to play faster. It's just a question of building up your muscle memory through repetition. Work with a metronome. Set it to something like 40-50 bpm and start out like in Lesson 12 with bars of whole/half/quarter notes and a bar of rest between transitions. Increase the BPM by increments of 5 as you become more comfortable.

Alternatively, there is a speed control that will allow you to play along with the lesson at a slower pace.

Reactions: CK!

Ale Algara

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    I can play complex things on guitar but when it comes to feel the groove or else I just can`t! any advice? this is helping, y cant keep the tik tok pattern if i am not playing anything so i make them ghost notes

phatloots

Campfire Attention Holder
    Sep 12, 2020
    im having issues with my palm muting first string. while practicing these chords. any tips on how to prevent that? trying to work on positioning but im not sure if its because im over weight so guitar sits differently or do i just need to work on flexing my wrists more and stretching them?