• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

You guys up for a live stream?

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Hello, synners.

So given the fact that I want to start creating more courses and stuff for music, I figured I'd try my hand at a live stream so that I could gather some actual feedback from you regarding how I talk and present things. For this one, I figured I'd do something related to orchestration, sort of a Crash Course in Orchestration so that any of you fine folks who want to add some strings into your songs know what you're supposed to be doing.

The topics of discussion would, therefore, be the following:

- scientific pitch notation
    - bowed instruments (violin, viola, cello, and double bass) - musical range and sound type
    - woodwinds - musical range and sound type
    - brass - same as above
    - pianos, harpsichords, other instruments with keys and harps
    - percussion instruments of definite and indefinite pitch
    - how in the fudge do all of these work to give us good quality music
    - some tidbits about mixing and mastering music for streaming services
    - demoing how to create a small song using MIDI, Sonatina VST (and if I use piano, another VST called Keyzone Classic), and Reaper

As for the date, I originally planned on doing it this week, but it may be too short notice since I gotta prepare like a book of notes for all I want to talk about :LOL:.

Would you guys be up for it? If so, share some hours which would suit you. I was thinking about doing it at like 20:30 EET, which is 19:30 CET, 18:30 GMT and so on (or at least this should be the hour conversion if daylight savings has happened where you live).

So, feel free to propose any hours or days you'd like, starting from next Monday, and we'll see how we can best fit it for everyone.

P.S. I have never done a live stream before and the first like 5 to 537 minutes might be reserved for getting stuff going :LOL:.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Yeah, I was gonna do it on YouTube, which I think saves the video for you. Imma have to do a bit of research in that direction.

@Ed Seith by Western US time do you mean PST or PDT? Either way, a weekend date should be ok since it's evening here either way :LOL:.

I was trying to keep it general for non-Americans. I'm in Arizona, so it's actually MST (Mountain Standard Time) which is the same (right now) as PDT. Arizona does not change our clocks. Something about summers and "you want the hot ass motherfucking days LONGER? Kiss my ass!" It may also have to do with native American tribes, who have a LOT of sovereign land in AZ , laughing at people trying to change the time.

Reactions: Andrew Milner

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Yeah, I was gonna do it on YouTube, which I think saves the video for you. Imma have to do a bit of research in that direction.

@Ed Seith by Western US time do you mean PST or PDT? Either way, a weekend date should be ok since it's evening here either way :LOL:.
    Yes YouTube saves it. But they have new strict requirements. I can't use it myself any more. Fb reverses your camera. I think you need a certain amount of something to use YouTube. I don't remember cause once it said I couldn't I stopped trying.

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Yes YouTube saves it. But they have new strict requirements. I can't use it myself any more. Fb reverses your camera. I think you need a certain amount of something to use YouTube. I don't remember cause once it said I couldn't I stopped trying.

Yeah. I've seen that creators are livid. Apparently I can go live on YouTube though. I'll test and see.

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com