• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Dark Night Guitar 🌘

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I found out in the Schecter forum about an hour ago haha. Looks great! Looking things over though it seems like that's a hefty bump on the price tag. I know it isn't marketed towards me and my budget but wow. With everything going on with Covid-19 it's apparent a lot of things are getting more expensive at the moment. Guitars, pc components, some auto components, toilet paper. There are some key specs that seem to be different on the Dark Knight compared to the Black Moon models but how much better/nicer is it that it adds an additional $1000 to the price tag without a case. $1100 with a case. I don't know. I personally can't afford such guitar but if you've got the funds and like the guitar I can see why someone would buy it. I think it's a pretty damn nice guitar.

J

Jak Angelescu

I found out in the Schecter forum about an hour ago haha. Looks great! Looking things over though it seems like that's a hefty bump on the price tag. I know it isn't marketed towards me and my budget but wow. With everything going on with Covid-19 it's apparent a lot of things are getting more expensive at the moment. Guitars, pc components, some auto components, toilet paper. There are some key specs that seem to be different on the Dark Knight compared to the Black Moon models but how much better/nicer is it that it adds an additional $1000 to the price tag without a case. $1100 with a case. I don't know. I personally can't afford such guitar but if you've got the funds and like the guitar I can see why someone would buy it. I think it's a pretty damn nice guitar.
    Luckily if you select the case option on the store it's free. I understand the hefty price jump. My only thought on this per se, is that there's something about these guitars that are set up so flawlessly, that even setting them up are a luthier's dream. When I had Anubis set up, even with the awful crap Guitar Center did to it, it actually stayed how it was suppose to. I took a screenshot of the specs to compare to the Black Moon one

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    OK kittens let's fucking be real...

HOW SEXY DOES THIS BEAST LOOK??!!
    What are your thoughts?
    Black Moon guitar parents, what are your thoughts on the specs compared to the Dark Night?

Let's talk!
    As far as tech specs and hardware and such, it looks pretty similar to the Black Moon. I think it’s just a different finish. Not sure exactly what “3D satin” means? But I had to have it for the collection! I put my order in, but there was definitely some sticker shock!

J

Jak Angelescu

As far as tech specs and hardware and such, it looks pretty similar to the Black Moon. I think it’s just a different finish. Not sure exactly what “3D satin” means? But I had to have it for the collection! I put my order in, but there was definitely some sticker shock!
    I know that satin means the finish is so thin that it doesn't feel sticky, but more natural and smooth and soft.
    As far as the 3D means? I'm not sure either. Maybe it's a high definition finish like how some woodworkers are praising the "luminous" effects it has on woods like mahogany

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    It looks amazing! Nothing to say there but I just checked the specs and its pretty much a Syn Custom with Satin finish. Maybe the finish affects the tone but you would really need to have sharpened ears to hear the difference.

Now the price. In the end, this guitar is korean made and setup at Schecter. So you would get the same thing if you go for the normal custom one. But this is not actually the selling point. What makes this guitar unique is pretty much the exclusivity and I gotta say, its a really amazing piece of equipment that would be a crown jewel in any Syn collector's collection!

Would I buy this? If I had the funds to, absolutely! I love to support Syn and well, new guitar!

But I got to give huge props to Syn for taking such advantage of his brand. What he is doing is unique! Hopefully one day I will get around and get one of those exclusivity!

Or maybe i can hope that its part of the legend's annual care package!? :unsure:

J

Jak Angelescu

It looks amazing! Nothing to say there but I just checked the specs and its pretty much a Syn Custom with Satin finish. Maybe the finish affects the tone but you would really need to have sharpened ears to hear the difference.

Now the price. In the end, this guitar is korean made and setup at Schecter. So you would get the same thing if you go for the normal custom one. But this is not actually the selling point. What makes this guitar unique is pretty much the exclusivity and I gotta say, its a really amazing piece of equipment that would be a crown jewel in any Syn collector's collection!

Would I buy this? If I had the funds to, absolutely! I love to support Syn and well, new guitar!

But I got to give huge props to Syn for taking such advantage of his brand. What he is doing is unique! Hopefully one day I will get around and get one of those exclusivity!

Or maybe i can hope that its part of the legend's annual care package!? :unsure:
    What's your preferred location of manufacturing? I've seen USA, Japan, Indonesia and Korea.
    I'm very interested in people's preferences! For example I'm partial to ESPs from Japan over the US.

Reactions: Jesse Salmons

TheTroller

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 16, 2020
    Definitely a sexy guitar, but you can get your own custom made guitar in the USA for less than what this costs. It even says Syn makes no money from this, there's no mark up, which is just a crazy price for a Korean made guitar. Nothing against Schecter, Syn, these guitars, or foreign made guitars, it's just crazy. You can get a custom Aristides, Kiesel, whatever else for this much or less
    > kiesel
    download (3).jpeg

Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    What's your preferred location of manufacturing? I've seen USA, Japan, Indonesia and Korea.
    I'm very interested in people's preferences! For example I'm partial to ESPs from Japan over the US.
    Im just curious, why Japan over US? Is it a QC thing?

EDIT: If it is i totally get it. QC on foreign made epiphones is a lot of times worlds better than Gibson USA QC

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

I think for Japanese manufacturers, they take great pride in their best work coming out of their Japanese factories, and rightly so. For just about anything else, USA. I know my Ormsby was made in Korea with final fit/finish and QC is Perth Australia, and it is genuinely flawless. Honestly, I pay more attention to the price point than the country of origin. If any guitar hits a certain price point, the quality HAS to be there, or they will fail.

That said, this is the first Syn model I'd really consider buying, and then shit had to go down last week. Oh well. Lucky grab, for everyone who gets one! Good luck!

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    My preferred location of manufacturing is probably Korea from schecter because thats what I use most. I mean I own 4 schecters from Korea and they are all amazing. And now, it also depends for each guitars company because the custom Shop of ESP is in Japan so you know that they're top people are there. And the best guitar they make are from there. Then the ESP Usa is a bit more recent and its not quite the same people. But still, overall, you would great amazing guitars from either shop.

Schecter is my favorite brand for many reasons beyond Syn. I mean he is cool and I went to schecter because of him but I stayed because I love what they do! They're mid to high range guitars are made from Korea and are absolutely amazing while their Custom Shop are USA made.

Fender being the biggest guitar brand, they have guitars made from a lot of different places. Their top are from the USA factory and are amazing. But their guitars from japan are quite awesome as well.

Now for having worked in a guitar store and tried many guitars from different places, here is what I can conclude. The location doesnt matter. The guitars does. And they are all unique. Not any guitar is the exact exact same. A guitar could feel shitty in the hands of one and be the best thing ever in the hands of someone else. And I saw people playing the top of the line 3k guitars and not being happy with but when they played that 600$ guitar? Their face lights up! I sort of see it like when Harry Potter goes and choses his wand hahaha!

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    I adore everything about that beautiful beast, Gates killed it with this one. Classy af.
    I’d love to get one and if the world wasn’t so funky right now I think that baddy would be ordered already haha but work has been shaky and uncertain due to the rona. We already had to shut down once for 5 or 6 months and may have to again the way things are going. That being said if I’m really good with my money for a bit, we don’t shut down, and these don’t sell out fast af, I’m definitely thinking of getting one.

I love my current guitar, an out of make model by SGC called the Tux J. That thing has been my buddy for years but lately I’ve just been wanting more. I’ve been feeling that it’s time to level up all my equipment so I’m SUPER stoked on the upcoming amp and pedal. I’ve also been eyeing the custom shop models that are occasionally dropped, but again it’ll have to be when the world is a bit less shaky again. So hopefully one way or another, within the next year, I’ll acquire a new shred machine :money-face:

Last edited: