• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

The Dark Night Guitar 🌘

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Just got mine today, #3! :rock-hand: I ordered with the case but it did not ship in the case. Case nowhere to be found. I guess that ships separately? I haven't gotten any other shipping notices... Anyone else that ordered one with case get theirs?

Anyway, it is definitely a beautiful guitar. First things noticed: Still not sure exactly what "3D Satin" is supposed to mean. It is satin black on the front with gloss black stripes. The satin is only on the front face of the body and the headstock. Back & Sides are all gloss black. The fretboard on mine looks like rosewood, which was kind of jarring and threw me off. I just checked the specs again in the store, and it says ebony fretboard, but it definitely is lighter than all my other Syn guitars and looks like rosewood. So not sure what's going on there - I know there can be variations, so I guess it's just a really light ebony? But don't get me wrong, it still looks great!

Reactions: Kurt Camilleri

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Just got mine today, #3! :rock-hand: I ordered with the case but it did not ship in the case. Case nowhere to be found. I guess that ships separately? I haven't gotten any other shipping notices... Anyone else that ordered one with case get theirs?

Anyway, it is definitely a beautiful guitar. First things noticed: Still not sure exactly what "3D Satin" is supposed to mean. It is satin black on the front with gloss black stripes. The satin is only on the front face of the body and the headstock. Back & Sides are all gloss black. The fretboard on mine looks like rosewood, which was kind of jarring and threw me off. I just checked the specs again in the store, and it says ebony fretboard, but it definitely is lighter than all my other Syn guitars and looks like rosewood. So not sure what's going on there - I know there can be variations, so I guess it's just a really light ebony? But don't get me wrong, it still looks great!
    Pics and video, or it didn't happen. Congrats!
    And yell at the Schecter folks about the case!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Kurt Camilleri

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Malta
    www.instagram.com
    The guitar looks amazing and would be the centrepiece in the collection, but can't really afford one right now. ( I understand that its an exclusive guitar hence the price).

BUT, if I had to spend that much on a guitar, I would rather get some sort of syn special style avenger with a slimmer and satin neck with a different headstock.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Eric Kane

• Nov 11, 2019
    CD824D18-6395-4973-B9AA-6B3F8C1D81F2.jpeg
    F4596308-2ACE-4CFC-8122-EFB193866D06.jpeg
    1C7FD052-963B-45B9-A40B-D73DB8919B65.jpeg
    EFB30E1D-C0BA-4F3B-B689-B2E2065EB571.jpeg

So here’s a few pics, if they load. The last one is what I’m talking about. The Dark Night (top) compared to the Black Moon (bottom) fretboard. At least on mine, it is lighter and actually looks more like rosewood. Oh, and if anyone is wondering about the case, there was apparently an e-mail that said the cases are delayed about 4-5 weeks.

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    View attachment 1190 View attachment 1191 View attachment 1192 View attachment 1193
    So here’s a few pics, if they load. The last one is what I’m talking about. The Dark Night (top) compared to the Black Moon (bottom) fretboard. At least on mine, it is lighter and actually looks more like rosewood. Oh, and if anyone is wondering about the case, there was apparently an e-mail that said the cases are delayed about 4-5 weeks.

Gorgeous. I prefer the lighter one.

Reactions: Eric Kane

Ed Seith

Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    That things nice, how come it don't have those 2 small switches anymore? Maybe how he set his gears now? Could be the woods not painted idk. Nice guitar! :D Eh? it looks like see through?
    I believe both of those switches were related to the Sustainiac in the neck pickup position. This guitar does not have a sustainiac, but a pair of hand-wound Syn Custom pickups (which, I can tell you, rock mightily).

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    View attachment 1190 View attachment 1191 View attachment 1192 View attachment 1193
    Absolutely gorgeous, huge congrats to you! Have you gotten around to shreddin on it at all yet?

Eric Kane

• Nov 11, 2019
    Absolutely gorgeous, huge congrats to you! Have you gotten around to shreddin on it at all yet?
    Thanks! No I haven’t even played it yet! I don’t have much time during the week, raising two kids on my own. Hopefully I’ll get to it on Friday. I’ll have to break out the Hellwin... It might get loud over here!😎